2019 Mustang GT/CS

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
As usual...peeve of mine...I notice that people who own them say the values are going up and people who don't own one always seem to chime in and call it hype ;) Well...that hype has been going since 2015, so??

I mean, maybe. I don't have any good data that I'd bet on one way or the other except I have a couple friends who are on the hunt for one now...and I previously was the only one I know with a 350...so,...From a very limited sample, it seems like the car is going to be sought after for a while.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
As usual...peeve of mine...I notice that people who own them say the values are going up and people who don't own one always seem to chime in and call it hype ;) Well...that hype has been going since 2015, so??

I mean, maybe. I don't have any good data that I'd bet on one way or the other except I have a couple friends who are on the hunt for one now...and I previously was the only one I know with a 350...so,...From a very limited sample, it seems like the car is going to be sought after for a while.
also added the fact that itā€™s the only car that you can get the Voodoo in will add to its allure and exclusivity. Thankfully Ford didnā€™t drop in into a high Performance Raptor like they are most likely doing with the Predator engine.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that with interest rates at historic lows, the prices are rising on things that people pay for with monthly payments. House values are way up too.

Don't get me wrong, I think the GT350 is on a short list of the best cars ever and anytime is a good time to buy one. I just think that some people who normally wouldn't buy one can afford the payments now.
These people are crazy though. In my area people add way over paying for any car just because they got unemployment /stimmy money

My dealerships had record sales. Every single lot had no used or new cars because was sold out. I live in the ghetto and I saw nothing but new tag cars lol

question is. Will prices of the cars ever go back down?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Will prices of the cars ever go back down?
probably not. Ford et. al. will just upsize the incentives. And that assumes we don't rapidly transition to a 100% rent/lease it culture willingly or by "incentive" - what most people would characterize as gov't force. Oh happy day!

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thatā€™s cute you think inflation is 2%. Have you looked at the price of say, ANY commodity over the last year? Hell even GM was on the news lately saying the core material cost of their vehicles is up significantly.
The rolling average will be different from the month over month spikes, though. Loss of work force (layoffs) and supply chain disruption, plus weird covid-related demand shifts, created a lot of local shortages. That will iron out as supply realigns.

The Great 2020 TP shortage is a great example: people didn't use more TP, but they changed *where* they use it (from office to home). So there wasn't a TP shortage; there was a retail/ consumer TP shortage, and it turns out that it's impossible to shift supply from industrial (office buildings) to retail (home) use - different products, different branding, different packaging, different distribution channels. So people perceived a shortage. Then you had home materials spiking for many reasons: people working from home with money in their pockets started doing renovations, low supply of housing meant more people renovating/ upgrading vs. moving, coupled with some industry supply constraints as people stopped working due to covid. Net result is huge short-term supply, constrained short-term demand, and price spikes. That won't last. Some of the same stuff affecting car pricing, with many auto plants shut down for long chunks of 2020. This will be a big blip, but not a permanent change.

For the GT350, don't forget that all of these pressures (including lots of folks with money to burn, stuck at home and looking for ways to spend it) coincided with the end of the model run. Add in that the GT500, the closest replacement, has no manual option and there is a larger-than-usual sense of perceived scarcity and "last of the breed." All of these things together will really drive the prices up.

(Edited to add: even my Fiesta ST is now worth as much as I paid for it 5 years ago, because those are no longer offered for sale in the US)

Last edited:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
These people are crazy though. In my area people add way over paying for any car just because they got unemployment /stimmy money

My dealerships had record sales. Every single lot had no used or new cars because was sold out. I live in the ghetto and I saw nothing but new tag cars lol

The Stimulus money is not going to affect a 70K car. Others, you bet. Lower supply and low interest rates fuel a lot of this., But the cost of a 350 is likely due to end of production

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
The Stimulus money is not going to affect a 70K car. Others, you bet. Lower supply and low interest rates fuel a lot of this., But the cost of a 350 is likely due to end of production
Playstation 5, Xbox Series X, or Shelby GT350R? Haha. Yah. Thatā€™s not happening. šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Playstation 5, Xbox Series X, or Shelby GT350R? Haha. Yah. Thatā€™s not happening. šŸ˜‚
Brett, here are some of the reasons why I suggest that the prices of our of GT350/R's are staying strong and will continue to stay strong for quite some time and in some cases will rise going forward.

* The well documented and very cool 5.2 Flat Plane Crank engine that redlines at 8,250 RPM and is no longer in production.

* An outstanding Tremec TR-3160 manual 6 speed transmission.

* These cars have been documented by every major automotive magazine as being one of the very best drivers cars over the last 5 years including being the 2016 Road & Track PCOTY winner by a runaway vote.

* A selection of 20 outstanding colors including 4 brand new colors for the final production year.

* Carbon Fiber wheels and Carbon Fiber wings as standard equipment on some models.

* Resonator delete and rear seat delete on some models.

* Outstanding steering, suspension and brakes.

* One of the best sounding exhaust systems when in Sport Mode.

* Dollar for dollar one of the very best performance cars out there.

* Each and every GT350/R "Has a Soul" and not very many performance cars out there can say that.

Based on the above and other positive attributes that some of you can add is the very reason why our cars will continue to do just fine in terms of retaining their values over the long term.

:sunglasses:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hype? The car has been out for 6 years.
Hype / attention from being discontinued. With Wuhan millions have no job or nothing to otherwise occupy their time/money so they chase "fads" for fun and profit(?).

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Hype / attention from being discontinued. With Wuhan millions have no job or nothing to otherwise occupy their time/money so they chase "fads" for fun and profit(?).
At least 17 Americans become millionaires everyday... thatā€™s current-day stats during a pandemic. There are plenty enough people who donā€™t need a $1400 stimulus check to afford these cars.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

I think GT350s will stay strong for a while. Past halo Ford cars have done well and I see no reason why the GT350 wouldn't.

My opinion is that used car prices in general depend a lot on new car prices. And new car prices are going to continue going up.

And the other thing is whether new cars are better than used. If you want something with a tiny turbo engine you'll easily be able to find that in a new car, but if you want a high winding NA V8 there aren't many choices.
Sponsored