Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
I think id be tempted, I love the gt350, but im really digging the mach 1's in manual variant. I really like how another member removed the stripes, and it looks sexy naked, seriously a show stopper imo. clean diff body
Yeah the Mach1 has the same transmission as the GT350. I love the Mach1 look with that shade of grey and the orange highlights...
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
To throw a little fuel on the fire... Was in getting my 2019 serviced today (passenger A pillar plastic was coming lose). They had a 2021 Mach1 in Fighter Jet Grey, all the options ($64K). The GM knows me and offered me 58k for my GT350 on the Mach1.
I would love to have a Mach 1 but not if I gotta give up the GT350

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Plus one.
what would you pick though if you didn't have a gt350, like someone with no mustang?

Gt350's will be used, mach 1's are new, I dont know the price difference. but if you had the ability to find a 350 and mach 1 side by side, at their fair prices, what would you grab?

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
what would you pick though if you didn't have a gt350, like someone with no mustang?

Gt350's will be used, mach 1's are new, I dont know the price difference. but if you had the ability to find a 350 and mach 1 side by side, at their fair prices, what would you grab?
I did have the opportunity because my 2020 GT350 didn't show up until March of this year.
The Mach 1s were nearly as much as my GT350. Especially after I talked them off from their $2,500 markup fee on the Shelby.

And in the end I had to have the last of the Voodoos.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Good question. Both great options. Maybe some new tech toys would sway some to the Mach and the voodooo would win others over. If the 350 didn’t exist, I think I’d be very interested in the Mach…but also in the back of my mind is that I wasn’t interested in any S559…and had moved on to other cars..until I saw the 350R release.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
Good question. Both great options. Maybe some new tech toys would sway some to the Mach and the voodooo would win others over. If the 350 didn’t exist, I think I’d be very interested in the Mach…but also in the back of my mind is that I wasn’t interested in any S559…and had moved on to other cars..until I saw the 350R release.

When it comes down to it, it was all about that Voodoo.

The tech in the Mach 1 is far superior to the GT350, thats for sure. But the game changer is the Voodoo.

Thats why I won't be giving mine up any time soon.

I did order the Mach E GT Performance because the Explorer is getting old and having two vehicles that get under 18mpg is pricy now and with the move to Hawaii soon, its really gonna be too much. Plus that under 3.5 seconds 0-60 and 634 of torques... whats not to like.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
I've always loved these since they came out, but was still in grad school and owning one wasn't a chance.

Graduated 4 years ago, slowly making progress. Wife and I have a house now, kiddo is 1.5 yrs, and I'm thinking about a fun car. Go to look at these and they're almost 15K more than they were 2 years ago, woof!

Now, I'm not sure what to do. I'm just not sure whether this price increase is from covid supply shortages, or if it could stay high forever....

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Funny you should say that. We’re going through this right now with travel trailers for retirement traveling. I’m looking at Airstream as they hold their value and the Mrs thinks they are butt ugly.
First world problems for sure.....carry on ;-)
I’ll take an Airstream... thanks.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
When it comes down to it, it was all about that Voodoo.

The tech in the Mach 1 is far superior to the GT350, thats for sure. But the game changer is the Voodoo.

Thats why I won't be giving mine up any time soon.

I did order the Mach E GT Performance because the Explorer is getting old and having two vehicles that get under 18mpg is pricy now and with the move to Hawaii soon, its really gonna be too much. Plus that under 3.5 seconds 0-60 and 634 of torques... whats not to like.
What tech?

Sponsored

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I've always loved these since they came out, but was still in grad school and owning one wasn't a chance.

Graduated 4 years ago, slowly making progress. Wife and I have a house now, kiddo is 1.5 yrs, and I'm thinking about a fun car. Go to look at these and they're almost 15K more than they were 2 years ago, woof!

Now, I'm not sure what to do. I'm just not sure whether this price increase is from covid supply shortages, or if it could stay high forever....
I think it’s a little of both. The 350 seems to be surpassing the typical used car inflation we are seeing. For example, my 2020 PP2 with 1000 miles, $52k msrp was worth maybe $42k last year. Today its worth $47.5

My 18R, 500 miles with an msrp of $69k was worth maybe $65k last year. Now I have a few offers of $76k. My performance blue R has seen the same type of increase compared to last year.

When the 500 came out, many dumped their 350 and the market tanked because it was over saturated. In my opinion the 500 market has softened a bit and some find the DCT is not for them. They are not looking for another 350. It’s supply and demand right now.

So yes I believe values will come back down a bit, but not to pre COVID levels.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I think it’s a little of both. The 350 seems to be surpassing the typical used car inflation we are seeing. For example, my 2020 PP2 with 1000 miles, $52k msrp was worth maybe $42k last year. Today its worth $47.5

My 18R, 500 miles with an msrp of $69k was worth maybe $65k last year. Now I have a few offers of $76k. My performance blue R has seen the same type of increase compared to last year.

When the 500 came out, many dumped their 350 and the market tanked because it was over saturated. In my opinion the 500 market has softened a bit and some find the DCT is not for them. They are not looking for another 350. It’s supply and demand right now.

So yes I believe values will come back down a bit, but not to pre COVID levels.
Another R owner with a PP2. Respect ✊🏾!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A lot of cars are selling for more used than they were new. Some are a lot more. Crazy time right now.
There are a lot of "artificial" changes impacting the market such as Carvana, Vroom, etc. competing for the used market and driving prices up, plus the Fed printing money.

However, I think there is a lot of value in a high RPM V8 with the right amount of tech on it. In our modern world the GT350s, even though they have a lot of technology in them, are a bit of a throwback. I think that makes them extremely desirable and I think they will continue to be desirable for a long time in the future.

When everyone is done throwing rocks, there are a few things we can all agree on.
1) regardless of which trim you have, the R package is an incredible value compared to how much it would cost to piece it together yourself.
2) all of these cars are holding their value extremely well due to their unique characteristics. Certain colors or trims even more so due to them being even more rare.
3) this car showed the world that American cars can hang on track with some of the best from Europe and Asia and the days of “American cars can only go in a straight line.” Are dead.
The carbon fiber wheels alone are worth the price of admission for an R. I still am amazed that Ford actually built a Mustang with CF wheels. Just awesome.

To throw a little fuel on the fire... Was in getting my 2019 serviced today (passenger A pillar plastic was coming lose). They had a 2021 Mach1 in Fighter Jet Grey, all the options ($64K). The GM knows me and offered me 58k for my GT350 on the Mach1.
I'm sure the Mach 1 is great, but I would either laugh or be pissed at the thought that a GT350 is worth less money than the Mach.

Probably neither at today's prices. But assuming the money was burning a hole in my pocket and I had to make a decision now - GT350 all day every day. The Mach 1 is a special Mustang, no doubt. However, I don't think long term the values for Mach 1s will hold like I expect values to hold for the GT350. Even ignoring the money part of the proposition, the Voodoo is an amazing engine and the Coyote can't hold a candle to it. Don't get me wrong, I like the Coyote. The Voodoo is just a lot better, that's all.

I think after 3 1/2 years and over 30,000 miles with a 2016 GT350 I've become a bit of an engine snob. The Z06 I owned was ok on the road but that LS engine was terrible on track and I couldn't sell it quickly enough. I like my 2017 PP1, but it just doesn't compare to the GT350 either. I realize the Coyote has closed the performance gap somewhat in the last few years, but I really don't like the DI addition. Direct injection adds more complexity and cost, but less value in my opinion.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
There are a lot of "artificial" changes impacting the market such as Carvana, Vroom, etc. competing for the used market and driving prices up, plus the Fed printing money.

However, I think there is a lot of value in a high RPM V8 with the right amount of tech on it. In our modern world the GT350s, even though they have a lot of technology in them, are a bit of a throwback. I think that makes them extremely desirable and I think they will continue to be desirable for a long time in the future.

The carbon fiber wheels alone are worth the price of admission for an R. I still am amazed that Ford actually built a Mustang with CF wheels. Just awesome.

I'm sure the Mach 1 is great, but I would either laugh or be pissed at the thought that a GT350 is worth less money than the Mach.

Probably neither at today's prices. But assuming the money was burning a hole in my pocket and I had to make a decision now - GT350 all day every day. The Mach 1 is a special Mustang, no doubt. However, I don't think long term the values for Mach 1s will hold like I expect values to hold for the GT350. Even ignoring the money part of the proposition, the Voodoo is an amazing engine and the Coyote can't hold a candle to it. Don't get me wrong, I like the Coyote. The Voodoo is just a lot better, that's all.

I think after 3 1/2 years and over 30,000 miles with a 2016 GT350 I've become a bit of an engine snob. The Z06 I owned was ok on the road but that LS engine was terrible on track and I couldn't sell it quickly enough. I like my 2017 PP1, but it just doesn't compare to the GT350 either. I realize the Coyote has closed the performance gap somewhat in the last few years, but I really don't like the DI addition. Direct injection adds more complexity and cost, but less value in my opinion.
In addition to the great points made, the Voodoo will never be produced again. It takes its place among the legendary 1 off model specific Ford engines and perhaps the greatest NA engine Ford has ever built. Couple that with a never to be seen again 350/R package offering and I agree that these cars will continue to be desirable. Mach 1 looks like it is a great car. Would I buy one? No. Not at the current price point. And if I'm being honest, in an apples to apples comparison, I'd be a player for the SS 1LE instead. I was a player for the ZL1 but only because the R was unobtainable around here for so long But my patience ended up paying off.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
This is why I feel so torn now. I really want a GT350. I'm finally in a place to do that somewhat comfortably, but I just don't know if that is a terrible decision based on the recent market.
Sponsored