Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
What am I missing here? This is out of the ordinary.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2020-ford-mustang-gt500-49/
Apparently, it was the aftermarket CF trim on the doors and steering wheel. 🤣

This appears to be 2 bidders wanting a car bad enough to toss cash at it.

When you look are the deltas:
TO CFTP $180k (price + fees) - $99k MSRP = $81k.

HEPR $176k (price + fees) - $80k MSRP = $96k.

The HEPRs are consistently $160k+ cars, and still outperforms by delta, but my opinion says the HEP GT500CFTP will be a ball-buster and break the $200k barrier easily.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Doesn’t make any sense. There are two other same spec cftp’s with less miles Currently for sale for 50k + less. They were for sale while this auction was up to. No need to bid past there listing price’s. I’m sure the seller was happy, but also wtf. The Hepr’s don’t play in to this scenario as the only one’s coming up for sale are for auction.

Apparently, it was the aftermarket CF trim on the doors and steering wheel. 🤣

This appears to be 2 bidders wanting a car bad enough to toss cash at it.

When you look are the deltas:
TO CFTP $180k (price + fees) - $99k MSRP = $81k.

HEPR $176k (price + fees) - $80k MSRP = $96k.

The HEPRs are consistently $160k+ cars, and still outperforms by delta, but my opinion says the HEP GT500CFTP will be a ball-buster and break the $200k barrier easily.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Sure did. Let’s see how many dealers bump there non selling used cftp’s up in price from this. Lol It’s sure to happen.

I hear ya, and I agree. It’s hard to figure that one out, but it happened.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Doesn’t make any sense. There are two other same spec cftp’s with less miles Currently for sale for 50k + less. They were for sale while this auction was up to. No need to bid past there listing price’s. I’m sure the seller was happy, but also wtf. The Hepr’s don’t play in to this scenario as the only one’s coming up for sale are for auction.
Unlike other auctions where the ones bidding up the prices have never seemed to win anything meaningful (but happen to have similar cars for sale on other venues, hmmm). This one seems to have had 2 people bidding who historically have bought some really high dollar cars at the top of the market. Porsches, Ford GTs. This 500 auction is a good example of what putting the right people in the room can do for the selling price. These guys aren't worried about money.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Unlike other auctions where the ones bidding up the prices have never seemed to win anything meaningful (but happen to have similar cars for sale on other venues, hmmm). This one seems to have had 2 people bidding who historically have bought some really high dollar cars at the top of the market. Porsches, Ford GTs. This 500 auction is a good example of what putting the right people in the room can do for the selling price. These guys aren't worried about money.
Can you guys explain to a non Shelby owner this specific auction (the cftp car)?? It sold used with mileage for what appears to be considerably more than the same car that can be found new on dealer lots. I understand the gt350 hep cars that are super limited and not in production anymore but i don’t understand this one at all.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Can you guys explain to a non Shelby owner this specific auction (the cftp car)?? It sold used with mileage for what appears to be considerably more than the same car that can be found new on dealer lots. I understand the gt350 hep cars that are super limited and not in production anymore but i don’t understand this one at all.
there is no logical explanation. best I can figure is people's egos getting the best of them in the heat of the moment.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
You sure are nosey sob. :inspect:

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You sure are nosey sob. :inspect:
If nosey is clicking on a link and doing some very average-level deduction in order to have a civil conversation about the actual matter at hand - then I guess I am? Do you have such a hard-on for me thatit makes you incapable of regular conversation? Do you often want someone else to be wrong so badly that you ignore simple metrics just to call them wrong? I think you have a problem.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
There’s no good explanation except alcohol and having enough cash to light, just to watch it burn.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There’s no good explanation except alcohol and having enough cash to light, just to watch it burn.
You yourself stated when that is the hammer, then that is the market price. You can't have it both ways.

Geesh

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It doesn’t effect my life so it doesn’t matter but I’m just very curious about that cftp car. @stanglife mentioned the buyer has a history buying expensive cars so I presume the guy has plenty of cash. What’s the attraction to paying that much for a car he could have bought with 0 miles for less money?! Is this how cartel leaders launder extra money? :cwl:

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
It doesn’t effect my life so it doesn’t matter but I’m just very curious about that cftp car. @stanglife mentioned the buyer has a history buying expensive cars so I presume the guy has plenty of cash. What’s the attraction to paying that much for a car he could have bought with 0 miles for less money?! Is this how cartel leaders launder extra money? :cwl:
Probably as simple as "It's summer and I want that car this week". People just can't seem to realize that there's levels to everything, 175k is a ton of dough but if you got 30,50,100 mill? Pocket change so who cares.
Sponsored