Prices are on the rise......

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Have to agree with most of the opinions expressed here. My car isn't an R, I really wanted the lounge chair seats.
But after waiting 41 years to own another Shelby, I plan on treating it with TLC FOREVER! Or until I become senile....
But love to see everyone do whatever makes them smile with their cars.
I agree... do whatever make you smile.

I have owned this '19 Shelby since August of 2019, and I already have 24,000 miles on it & I don't plan on slowing down. I am putting about 15,000 miles/year and in 5 years of ownership I should have 75,000 miles. I plan on selling it and buying someone's '19 or '20 garage queen with low miles, and starting all over again.

I ordered an 2003 Cobra and thought I would keep that car forever............ nope! I only have a three car garage, so I can't make the next potential Barrett Jackson revered car collection up for auction. Times change, new cars change, and personal preferences change... who knows, in three years I may be wanting something completely different?

What a beautiful dilemma..................................!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Yes but he's absolutely suggested that if you aren't tracking the car, that you're saving it for hopeful appreciation. If someone wants to buy the car for me, I'll drive it how you tell me to (maybe) but anything short of that, you get the middle finger. Edit to add: Including Carroll. I doubt very much that he would have tolerated being told how to use the items that he purchased..or being told that he was using something wrong, lol...can you imagine?
Wow, a bit harsh dont you think? I wasn't telling you or even suggesting to you how to drive your car. He mentioned window stickers still in windows which, you can do that too if you like. Not smart unless you bought it for your kids to cash in. So you can take that middle finger and point it elsewhere.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
geez.. is this forum going to go the way of the rest of our country and the political bickering? What ever happened to the age old image of men not being super sensitive and having our feelings hurt at every wrong word that is spoken. Guys are supposed to have short memories and let things roll off our backs. Everyone has an opinion, some don't always express it in the most tactful manner. If were offended then we should just shrug our shoulders and move on. I'm beginning to lose my enjoyment as threads consistently get off topic and derail with everyone's feelings getting hurt.
Sorry for my rant, hope I didn't offend anyone :-)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
geez.. is this forum going to go the way of the rest of our country and the political bickering? What ever happened to the age old image of men not being super sensitive and having our feelings hurt at every wrong word that is spoken. Guys are supposed to have short memories and let things roll off our backs. Everyone has an opinion, some don't always express it in the most tactful manner. If were offended then we should just shrug our shoulders and move on. I'm beginning to lose my enjoyment as threads consistently get off topic and derail with everyone's feelings getting hurt.
No hurt feelings. If you're going to express your "opinion" about how people should live their lives, I think you should also be prepared to hear from the other side without going "oh, I guess I hurt your feelings" as to discount what others are saying.

It was suggested (as if it's some higher power) that Shelby himself stated the the cars are meant to drive...well maybe...but if you told him you didn't intend to track one of his cars, would he still sell it to you? absolutely.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
E6C483E4-13CB-4AEC-B063-1F5A6A894D96.jpeg

very, very interesting... 16 miles.
Be very careful with Consignment Dealers such as a Streetside and Gateway. These dealers are sourcing their inventory by placing “want ads” on many popular forums and places like a Craigslist. If they don’t have a want ad, they hunt down active personal vehicle listings and will either solicit a request to sell your car OR they will come in as a Buyer, haggle your asking price down hoping you will sell to them - then they relist it to flip. In the want ad or solicitation process, they coerce the seller to list with them, because they tell the Seller they can sell their car faster for more $$$, since they are a “high volume dealer with experience”.

In many instances, these shops are taking in the Seller’s car, doing nothing more than relisting it on their own site by marking up the asking price by a 30%~50% increase of the value of the car. They make the Owner sign a Contract that the car has to stay with their service for X-amount of days or months. They charge the Owner fees to store the car and once it sells, they again deduct any “fees and commission %” from the sale - many times ripping off the Owner.

Gateway - search online under “Gateway Classics Reviews” and you’ll see the many negative remarks from not only Buyers, but also those folks who were conned into letting them sell their vehicle with broken promises.

Those type of sites also list the vehicle on eBay - over and over and over.

Those asking prices on some consignment sites are unrealistic. In many instances they have fine print clauses in the listings or on their site that there is NO warranty or guarantees with ANY of their listing statements or condition of the vehicle because they are a 3rd party agent AND the car is being sold as “used”. Be very, very careful with consignment sales sites, especially if you are a Buyer who’s buying a car across State lines and having to have it shipped.

Not saying all sales sites are bad, just saying that potential buyers need to do their due diligence, research and have the vehicle inspected by an Appraisal Service before committing to buy.

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
WOW. I think I touched some peoples sensitive gland. Do whatever you want with your things, I just share my opinion.
I know what you mean. Somebody's vagina got bruised over my avatar and the mod took it away.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
So true. It seems that ever since 2008 everyone has been getting very "thin-skinned" like the guy who was President back then. Whatever happened to the values of the WWII generation who took it and kept things inside them (like the stereotype samurai mentality). Nowadays, people just lash out at every little thing and are so quick to point fingers at everyone except themselves. Long lost is the "I'm sorry, I was wrong" statements that solves so much and probably would greatly reduce the divorce rate in this country and elsewhere. Too much pride and "me, me, me" or "I, I, I". Anyway, I'm sorry for going off-topic but I had to agree with your comments. I'm sure that you and I are not the only ones who feels this way.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
So true. It seems that ever since 2008 everyone has been getting very "thin-skinned" like the guy who was President back then. Whatever happened to the values of the WWII generation who took it and kept things inside them (like the stereotype samurai mentality). Nowadays, people just lash out at every little thing and are so quick to point fingers at everyone except themselves. Long lost is the "I'm sorry, I was wrong" statements that solves so much and probably would greatly reduce the divorce rate in this country and elsewhere. Too much pride and "me, me, me" or "I, I, I". Anyway, I'm sorry for going off-topic but I had to agree with your comments. I'm sure that you and I are not the only ones who feels this way.
You'd probably love the movie unhinged.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Being a real man today is insensitive and racist. Lol. Besides, everyone wants equality but don’t let that stop the nfl or nba from maintaining a football field or basketball court that’s 90% black.

Nowadays, us relics of men are called chauvinistic. “That woman can do that for herself... you don’t need to do that for her.” And, the gender haters are in force saying trying to neuter everyone.

Sheesh. This is why cars are going automatic... people want it all easy and not offensive. #manualtoo #savethestick

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Thought I might add more the "prices are on the rise" discussion. I did write earlier about the '66 GT350 I bought during the big price drop in 1966. Here's a few items for serious thought.
Some may not believe the following, but it's 100% true.

a) In 1969 I bought a 1969 Z28 for $4K
b In 1989 bought a 1967 Corvette roadster, black/black red stinger (black a big deal on older Corvettes), 435 hp, side pipes, all original, documented from day one, complete but needed total restoration, even added original red line tires. Only thing I'll say is that non of the auction sales come close.
c) Then, bought a 1969 Corvette coupe, black/black, side pipes, four speed, L89 (aluminum head 435 hp engine). Very rare combination due to original pricing. 6,800 miles, never restored (still had original spark plugs, belts, foam air cleaner filter, tires, etc. nothing ever changed). Same final comment as b) above.
d) Bought two 1965 GT350's, #028, one of the original 35 cars built in Venice, CA, before LAX cars, and #383, a never restored, never shown, complete car. Both cars concours restored, SAAC judged Gold. #383 was selected by Koni shocks to be the centerpiece in their 2019 SEMA booth.
Pete Brock stopped by early one morning, we spoke a bit, and Pete said it was of the finest restorations he had ever seen. #028 will be shown at this years Amelia Island Concours.
e) And now for the one that will undoubtedly produce interesting comments. In 1972 I saw an ad in the Competition Press "newspaper" for a Daytona Coupe. Price was published, $27,500. At that moment probably could have bought the car for $26.5-27. I saw to close relatives that we should buy it and that it would be "worth a fortune down the road". I did not specifically quantify the comment. They all thought I was nuts. Today I would have no trouble whatsoever to sell the car for $35+ million. Easily. Keep in mind that the year before last a 1962 Ferrari GT0 sold for
$75 million. Just so no one feel sorry for my story, in 1972 you could have bought a GTO for
$9,500. That wasn't my area of interest at the time. I had been at the 24 hrs of Le Mans in 1965 where I saw the Daytona's race.

Thought I'd help out the thinking about "price rises". I did not buy my 2019 GT350 on that basis, but no doubt, given it's engine alone, it'll eventually (whenever that may be) be a classic of some sort. For those that don't think so because of the production numbers keep in mind that the total production of 2015-20 is about the same as the 1969 Z28 production (not even including 1967-.8 Z28's).

Hope this isn't too long, or boring. Thought I'd put it out since it's all fact, and at least for us car fanatics, interesting, and true.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I refuse to get into politics chat here except to say, this conversation is eye opening. Some of you guys, WTF.
Sponsored