Sponsored

Premium Care vs Powertrain Care. Which one?

D12DirtyDozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6
Hoping for some input. I have a 2016 v6 with about 29k miles. Standard warranty will expire in February.

I am being offered both plans, which one would be a better fit, both have the $100 deductible
Powertrain Care 7 years/100k miles
Premium Care 5 years/75k miles

Price would be the same for either or
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
For sure it is going to depend on how much miles your car have now and if you plan to stay with it o no.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Premium care is basically bumper to bumper ans will cover the AC evaporator which has been a widespread problem for years. It will cover everything in powertrain care as well.

If you are planning keeping your car for awhile, go for premium care with 100K or more miles.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
A few comments....the Year/mileage quoted are from "New sale" date, in other words, zero miles on the day your car was first sold... So a 75k warranty only get you 15k past factory 60k powertrain warranty, and many parts are covered under emissions warranty for a longer duration anyway... So go for a 100k warranty or longer. I would opt for a premium care plan that covers all the electronics of the car, and I would shop the price, Flood Ford (online) has some of the best pricing on official Ford warranties.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A few comments....the Year/mileage quoted are from "New sale" date, in other words, zero miles on the day your car was first sold... So a 75k warranty only get you 15k past factory 60k powertrain warranty, and many parts are covered under emissions warranty for a longer duration anyway... So go for a 100k warranty or longer. I would opt for a premium care plan that covers all the electronics of the car, and I would shop the price, Flood Ford (online) has some of the best pricing on official Ford warranties.
^^^^^^ Truth.

Most are not aware of that stipulation about the mileage and how it works when buying any Ford offered extended warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP

D12DirtyDozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6
For sure it is going to depend on how much miles your car have now and if you plan to stay with it o no.
Have about 29k now and will probably trade it in in a couple years

With that being said, premium care the better option?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hoping for some input. I have a 2016 v6 with about 29k miles. Standard warranty will expire in February.

I am being offered both plans, which one would be a better fit, both have the $100 deductible
Powertrain Care 7 years/100k miles
Premium Care 5 years/75k miles

Price would be the same for either or
Go run a quote off of Flood Ford's ESP website and compare prices to what you were quoted. Flood Ford sells the same authentic Ford ESP as any other Ford dealership.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

OP
OP

D12DirtyDozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6
GT pony

I’m getting it at no cost, so the price doesn’t matter I’m this instance