Sponsored

Ford Premium Care and Service Plan Question

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
In doing some research the finance person at the dealership I bought at seemed a bit less than ethical when explaining the Premium Care and Service plan. I specifically asked if I had to buy it at the time of sale or if it was something I could shop around and purchase later. They informed me it had to be bought that day.

So I'm trying to check on-line to see what they actually sold me since she wasn't fourth coming about it from the start. She didn't explain the different costs for deductibles or explain there were other mileage/length options.

Is there a website or a way to check what plan I have? I'd like to see what plan I have since she didn't explain it well. It appears there's a method for a refund within 60 days so I want to decide now if I'm going to keep it or need to change it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I see what the difference coverage options are however I'm trying to determine what coverage is assigned to my vehicle. I suppose I'll probably be stuck calling them. Depending on the price difference I need to see if I can cancel my original purchase and try to purchase the coverage from a different dealership.

I'm a bit upset I replied to Ford's survey a few days ago. I would have made this more of an issue although I didn't give their finance department high reviews as it was.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
There is a cancellation period IIRC. The plans sold through dealers like Zeigler are considerably cheaper. They are the same Ford service plans. Just be aware that you have to pay them in full and there is no financing.

Sponsored

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
I see what the difference coverage options are however I'm trying to determine what coverage is assigned to my vehicle. I suppose I'll probably be stuck calling them. Depending on the price difference I need to see if I can cancel my original purchase and try to purchase the coverage from a different dealership.

I'm a bit upset I replied to Ford's survey a few days ago. I would have made this more of an issue although I didn't give their finance department high reviews as it was.
What does your paperwork from the dealer say?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There is a cancellation period IIRC. The plans sold through dealers like Zeigler are considerably cheaper. They are the same Ford service plans. Just be aware that you have to pay them in full and there is no financing.
The problem with bundling any Service or Warranty contracts in the initial finance package is the owner is stuck with the monthly payment that includes those packages. Even if he or she elects to cancel them after the fact, sure they will get refunded a prorated value (depending on how soon and miles accrued they elect to cancel) - but it won’t adjust their monthly payments.

To the OP:
Search “Flood Ford” on here for the best Ford plans; seems lots of folks have gone with plans from them.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
The problem with bundling any Service or Warranty contracts in the initial finance package is the owner is stuck with the monthly payment that includes those packages. Even if he or she elects to cancel them after the fact, sure they will get refunded a prorated value (depending on how soon and miles accrued they elect to cancel) - but it won’t adjust their monthly payments.

To the OP:
Search “Flood Ford” on here for the best Ford plans; seems lots of folks have gone with plans from them.
If cancelled within a certain timeframe, you get it all back. It happened to me. I got a refund and since it was financed, the check was sent to the bank. Payment did not change, but the principal went down and I paid the loan off sooner

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Yeah, they lied, you can buy it anytime before the warranty expires, you can buy it after warranty expires at a higher cost. As other posters mentioned, you can find it heavily discounted, I bought mine through Flood Ford online.

2015V6Fla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Premium MT6
As mentioned, you can buy extended warranty coverage up to the last day of your factory warranty - and at the same price as if you were buying the car that day. I received a few mailings directly from Ford (along with a bunch of aftermarket mailings) advising the same thing.

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I priced Zeigler and Flood the other day, Flood was cheaper for the same plan by 90 bux. Bought mine from Flood.

OP
OP

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I'm going to call Ford tomorrow and see if I can't cancel it and repurchase it. I understand they might not let me. I really don't care if I cancel it and it goes to the finance company or not. Wish the finance lady was fourth coming.

At the very least I want something sent to me with what is covered under the warranty and service agreement. All I got from the dealer was a folded up pamphlet.

OP
OP

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Turns out they sold a 3rd party warranty. I feel, at best, this was misrepresented as an actual Ford warranty. No I need to take the time out of my day and get this thing cancelled. Sadly I put this into the finance plan so the return check needs to go to the bank and I'll have to pay cash for the Ford warranty.

I was given a Ford warranty pamphlet and that is what I thought I was buying. I never got any warranty paperwork at the time of the purchase. In looking on-line at this company there should have been a warranty contract issued the day of the sale. I got nothing. If I saw it that day I believe I would have realized it wasn't through Ford and I would decline.

I'm hoping the dealership can fax the cancellation form as I don't want to do a 3 hour trip to cancel this 3rd party warranty.

Not happy. I'm hopeful the dealership makes this easy. If not I feel it would be prudent to warn other people who might be dealing with this finance department.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Turns out they sold a 3rd party warranty. I feel, at best, this was misrepresented as an actual Ford warranty. No I need to take the time out of my day and get this thing cancelled. Sadly I put this into the finance plan so the return check needs to go to the bank and I'll have to pay cash for the Ford warranty.

I was given a Ford warranty pamphlet and that is what I thought I was buying. I never got any warranty paperwork at the time of the purchase. In looking on-line at this company there should have been a warranty contract issued the day of the sale. I got nothing. If I saw it that day I believe I would have realized it wasn't through Ford and I would decline.

I'm hoping the dealership can fax the cancellation form as I don't want to do a 3 hour trip to cancel this 3rd party warranty.

Not happy. I'm hopeful the dealership makes this easy. If not I feel it would be prudent to warn other people who might be dealing with this finance department.
You should warn others now by telling everyone the name of the dealer and name of the 3rd party warranty.

OP
OP

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
You should warn others now by telling everyone the name of the dealer and name of the 3rd party warranty.
The refund has went to the loan so I feel comfortable at this point.

I bought the car from Jerrys Ford in Leesburg VA. The warranty is through JM&A on the sales receipt.

When comparing the warranty to the Ford ESP it is about double what the ESP is. Odd the finance lady never explained this was a 3rd party warranty or explained there were different options for warranties.

I suppose at the end of the day I should have done more research prior to buying. But when she handed me the Ford ESP pamphlet (same one you find on Fords website) and explain it is the extended warranty that can be used at any dealership I fell for it.

It was relatively easy to cancel and took about 4 weeks for the check to make it to the bank to adjust the loan amount. I feel that finance lady at best MISREPRESENTED the warranty to us to put it kindly. Now I'll have to come up with the cash for the Flood ESP that I wanted in the first place.

I thought in 2018 with the internet being what it was the days of "shady" finance departments were over. Sadly this has changed my thoughts on the issue and I'll be far more diligent in the future. The last 4 new cars I bought this garbage didn't happen.

At the end of the day I'm out a 50 bucks "idiot tax" as I call it to cancel the warranty since I missed the 30 day mark. I could probably call the sales manage and complain some more and get 50 bucks worth of something but the dealership is near 3 hour trip back and fourth and I'd rather be done with it.

To the rest of the internet who will run across this just be mindful. The sales staff was good, the finance lady I find to be less than ethical and professional (for this situation plus other things), and the person at the end who goes over the car didn't have a clue about the equipment she was explaining.

If you find yourself using this dealership for whatever reason just do your homework prior. I was never given a service contract the day of purchase and while it was listed on the paperwork it wasn't explained that JM&A is 3rd party company and not the actual Ford ESP warranty. The fact that she gave me a Ford ESP pamphlet while she explained the warranty farther "confuses" the situation.

Sad she'd tarnish the dealerships name and overall experience to try and gain a likely commission that now she doesn't get since I cancelled the warranty.

As always...buyer beware.
Sponsored