Sponsored

Premier Trim with Color Accent Group ($395)?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I noticed - without trying - that my shoulders and upper back felt more comfortable when sitting in a Premier Trim car. Happened twice - again it was the furthest thing on my mind. With the regular leather seats, I felt tense.

The drawback is the quality of the leather. It is not first-rate. You should always be careful not to put pressure on them with a small contact patch. For example, don't put your knee on the seat cushion while fumbing around for something in the back seat. The leather can stretch, permanently. One guy had a permanent depression when he dropped his car off for tinting, and the tech simply moved the child car seat to the front seat. The car seat runners made the depression.
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
My car came with this option and I have the Black Ebony interior.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I think it is first class. And, believe it or not, my wife says the seats are more comfortable than her $70k Mercedes.

I like the color difference the best.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't have anything new to add, just adding my opinion that it is a great option, especially for the price!

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I have been considering this option but I have read other posts on this forum where several people have had quality issues with it. I have read some people have been having issues with their dashboard bubbling and have had to get their entire dashboard replaced after only a few months. Would be nice to know if Ford has resolved this?

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22244

Sponsored

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
The premium trim option is so beautiful and comfy that it makes the raw plastic console stick out like a sore thumb.
Would be very nice if a leather console wrap would become available.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have been considering this option but I have read other posts on this forum where several people have had quality issues with it. I have read some people have been having issues with their dashboard bubbling and have had to get their entire dashboard replaced after only a few months. Would be nice to know if Ford has resolved this?

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22244
I have a feeling that they have resolved it. Haven't heard of the issue on this forum in a while, and I don't think anyone with a 2016 has mentioned it.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I have redline and love it. No problems whatsoever .

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
An important advantage of not purchasing the introductory model year vehicle is that there are always production problems that must be resolved. Buying the second year yields a purchase of a vehicle that is typically far more problem free.

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
I think the Premier trim package is well worth the $400, although I think Ford should have made it standard on the Premium trim along with the 401A package and just built it into the price.

Sponsored

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I originally did not order the Premium Trim. However, I selected Red Line interior which demands the Premium Trim Package. So, dats wat iz a commn!

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I have Redline in mine and absolutely love it!

As for the dashboard bubbling issue, I also had a 15 with the 50TH AP and the dash had a small bubble. The 16 has ZERO bubbles and I can see a minor differences in the dash brows that will probably keep it from happening on my 16. I notice where the stitching is that there's a very small gap where the two pieces meet and are stitched together that the 15 didn't have. I'm fairly confident that the small gap will allow air to not become trapped under the "leather" causing the bubbles. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
After reading this post is emailed you dealer to do a change order and add the $395 upgrade. Thank you guys again

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
After reading this post is emailed you dealer to do a change order and add the $395 upgrade. Thank you guys again
Hope your order was not yet acknowledged by Ford. If it was, you cannot change the order. If not, you are gold.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Hope your order was not yet acknowledged by Ford. If it was, you cannot change the order. If not, you are gold.
Was told to change the order went through Christmas Eve. We will find out when it is delivered February
Sponsored