Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
What am I missing?

Burns Ford Dealer In-Service Request for Johnson. Sales = Jim Smith. Expected delivery August 20, 2022

2022 Mustang GT Convertible PP1 1FATP8FF6N5123456789

1. Do not install front license plate bracket or drill holes in bumper
2. Please do not wash or detail. I have a very specific paint protection and correction plan.
3. Please put any factory items removed in the trunk: seat covers, window sticker, yellow suspension transportation blocks, etc.
4. Please do not install a dealer advertising tag or sticker on the trunk/rear deck. A rear license plate frame with Burns Ford is ok, and I will rock it.
5. Do not install front license plate bracket or drill holes in bumper

Yes, I know I'm AR.
Sponsored

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
No tint, nitrogen, wheel locks, mats, or any other dealer adds/modifications of any kind without prior approval.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
In addition to what has been mentioned in the previous posts of this thread, I requested:

1. Do not peel off any of the factory-installed protective plastic film covering various items/surfaces on the interior (i.e. door handles, door lip on both sides, etc.).
  2. Do not make an extra trip/drive away from the dealership to gas up the car. I realize this is a debatable point given the price of gas, but for me, I did not want a dealer service tech driving ("joy driving" in my wandering mind) my new car with only 5 miles on the odometer to an unknown gas station, to put in who knows what grade of gas.
  3. Do not set up or pre-configure any of the SYNC3 system settings, user settings or features. This is something I told them I wanted to do in my own time.

OP
OP
Homebrw

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
Thanks. All good points

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
6. Please upgrade Passenger Seat to either Kate Beckinsale (from her Underworld days) or Scarlett Johansson from pretty much anything. No other modifications or upgrades will be purchased at this time.

Sponsored

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Do not set up or pre-configure any of the SYNC3 system settings, user settings or features. This is something I told them I wanted to do in my own time.
Mine was 22 was brand new with 6 miles on it. However, before I left, the dealer had me click through the Sync 3 system along with my phone while i was there to setup FordPass. There was activation that had to happen.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
6. Please upgrade Passenger Seat to either Kate Beckinsale (from her Underworld days) or Scarlett Johansson from pretty much anything. No other modifications or upgrades will be purchased at this time.
wait, that was an option? maybe its not available for married dudes.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Mine was 22 was brand new with 6 miles on it. However, before I left, the dealer had me click through the Sync 3 system along with my phone while i was there to setup FordPass. There was activation that had to happen.
Correct. And I told the dealer I wanted to do it myself. They were fine with that.

Sponsored

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Correct. And I told the dealer I wanted to do it myself. They were fine with that.
I would do that while you are at the dealer and it requires YOUR participation.

Overland_LIfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
I always ask them to handle the car as little as possible,

be aware of door panel kicks and scuffs, scratches,

No gas.............................

I also try to order the whole team pizza or walk around slipping people who will be handling the car 50's $ without being noticed by mgmt lmao............

a little goes a long way when convincing underpaid and over worked people to gaf about your stuff,

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
3. Please put any factory items removed in the trunk: seat covers, window sticker, yellow suspension transportation blocks, etc.
The original window sticker is great. At the end of assembly, the pieces of paper used on the line as checklists are tossed inside and left with the car. Someone here let me on to those, so I asked for them. I have three or four documents from when Skye was on the line. These are often seen as trash and thrown out by the dealer. Nice keepsakes. Might be a good idea to mention those specifically, with the other items.

They might not gift you the shipping blocks. I asked for and the dealer would not offer them. Something about possible future liabilities. But they did tell me where the dumpster was, and I might just find some there, if casually performing a trash inspection.

Regarding any initial driving, It's my understanding most dealers do like to drive at least for a few miles, as part of their overall receiving inspection process.

Agree with all comments thus far. In general, try to keep the dealer off the car as much as possible.

Best Wishes. Please post pics once received. Let us know how things went.

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
What am I missing?

Burns Ford Dealer In-Service Request for Johnson. Sales = Jim Smith. Expected delivery August 20, 2022

2022 Mustang GT Convertible PP1 1FATP8FF6N5123456789

1. Do not install front license plate bracket or drill holes in bumper
2. Please do not wash or detail. I have a very specific paint protection and correction plan.
4. Please do not install a dealer advertising tag or sticker on the trunk/rear deck. A rear license plate frame with Burns Ford is ok, and I will rock it.
5. Do not install front license plate bracket or drill holes in bumper

Yes, I know I'm AR.
I do the same thing. 😂
Sponsored