Sponsored

PP Worth It!?

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
If I did not have LONG commutes, I probably would have gone PP.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If I did not have LONG commutes, I probably would have gone PP.
I can see how it might be hard to have that much fun for a long drive.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I hate the PP brake pads, they literally will throw dust on your piano black wheels while parked
get the stoptech pads. they literally have cut my dust down by 50+%

also sell off and never have gloss black wheels ever again lol. damn pita to clean. lol

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Now if Ford could do something about the weird clutch take-up feeling in the PP.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Steeda already did, so why bother? It's not like it costs $1000 to resolve.
If it's such an easy fix. Why can't ford do it? Dont be such a low expectation havin fool! Are you trying to tell me. It would be hard for Ford to buy a new Chinese spring in place of the Chinese spring that's already there?? Ford should be thrilled to correct a common complaint so easily. It'd show they listen and care about the buyers of these cars!

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
If it's such an easy fix. Why can't ford do it? Dont be such a low expectation havin fool! Are you trying to tell me. It would be hard for Ford to buy a new Chinese spring in place of the Chinese spring that's already there?? Ford should be thrilled to correct a common complaint so easily. It'd show they listen and care about the buyers of these cars!
100% sure the designers felt that the stock "feel" was better for some reason or another.

"We" owners happen to disagree. The 'fix' is only a $14 mod so I can't complain. Nothing is going to be perfect with a car and I'm glad we have such an excellent mod community.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Auto guys like me go to the aftermarket for our handling needs. Besides the parts are better engineered then the factory. To me the pp isnt worth it but thats just my opinion based on modding the suspensions on all three of my former mustangs. This new one will be the fourth. Cant wait to get that done next week, Along with a host of others things....

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
get the stoptech pads. they literally have cut my dust down by 50+%

also sell off and never have gloss black wheels ever again lol. damn pita to clean. lol
Have a part number? Because it is driving me nuts :frusty:

JT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP 6M Grey
For me the Performance Pack has been amazing. The Torsen diff locks instantaneously when needed, the ride is fantastic even over train tracks, the cornering is awesome, the brakes will get me out of bad situations very quickly (like when someone pulled in front of me on the highway going 75km/h) and the black wheels really complement my Magnetic car. The bracing is nice too! Very stiff chassis. While it still needs the "Stop the hop" package from Steeda (if you race your car) I think this is near perfect for a factory setup and I won't be changing anything in that area of my car. I also manage to get 9.4L/100km on the highway and 12.4L/100km in town driving. The 3.73 gears can still get good mileage.

I agree on the brake dust but I would not give up these brakes! Especially after some close calls with the terrible brakes my 2002 GT had.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Lol bitching about a pedal. Most consumers don't like it stiff. That's why it's easy

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They will. '18.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Now if Ford could do something about the weird clutch take-up feeling in the PP.
It actually a free fix,,,,,,, just reach down and pull the spring out. Done.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
If your going too invest in a high reving N/A build for street/track use its a winner for sure.
Sponsored