OP
OP
NavsENG

NavsENG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT , 66 Track coupe, 66 street car
Yeah i forgot to mention this but the stock GT has pretty much non existent brake cooling, i think for round 2 not only should OP spend more on his brake hardware, but the ducting goes a long way. Requires the PP lower control arms as well. I'm sure there's a cheaper aftermarket solution but I've seen it warned on here a couple times about how hot the brakes get. Not saying this experience is normal or justified though.
Yup, I definitely experienced this too. I was driving pretty hard when this happened, but most of the day I was trying to drive easy on the brakes, and not go into the corners as hard as I normally would . First session I could tell that I could overheat the brakes if I pushed hard every lap...

I will definitely be doing something to get some air to the rotors, as this will help immensely.

Yep I’ve seen this happen before on another 2018 PP1 at an HPDE a couple of years ago out at MSR Cresson. That’s just an awful (and dangerous!) product from Powerstop.

Here’s a video if you’re on IG: View attachment 500783
I also found this https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...-beware-of-track-day-rotors-by-powerstop.html

Pretty dangerous that there is a company out there making brake parts for vehicles that fail in this way.

BluSnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '11 GT 5.0, '19 Tundra, '09 Miata
I am also done with American Muscle. horrible support. They dont stand behind anything they sell.
Re: American Muscle, "Horrible support" is the understatement of the year! I refuse to buy anything from them ever again.

Doghouse Performance at MSR Cresson gets all my business AND trust!

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
This is extremely concerning... I just got the Power Stop Z26 Street Warrior Brake Rotor and Pad Kit from AM. I never plan on tracking my car, none the less, I wish I would have waited now.

Glad you are safe.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
hmm, so what's the lineage of the Raybestos and C-something rotors from places like RockAuto...

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
The Chinese Communist Party does not care if the parts made with forced labor fail, nor care about the consequences.

Dave

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
hmm, so what's the lineage of the Raybestos and C-something rotors from places like RockAuto...
I was surprised to see that my slotted Raybestos sport rotors were made in China. Had I known before hand, I would have bought others. They have held up well, though, and carry a good reputation.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Wow, so glad this ended well. Mechanical failure is my biggest fear. I can control me and do a thorough precheck of the car but I can't control poor parts unless you pay for it. Those are pushed as a track/performance part, sheesh. I have had companies stand behind their stuff with zero issues, they are the ones I stick to. Those that are just out to make a buck and walk away won't last.

So surprised you can't get money back on this, could have been a fatal crash in the right (bad) scenario.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm guessing you will be fine with that kit on the street; I'm actually thinking of buying it also, but off Amazon, as I know they will take it back if it doesn't work out.

This is extremely concerning... I just got the Power Stop Z26 Street Warrior Brake Rotor and Pad Kit from AM. I never plan on tracking my car, none the less, I wish I would have waited now.

Glad you are safe.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt

Glad you are safe.
I currently have the power stop z26 rotor and pad kit. Ive had it on for about 2 years/ 30K miles. Its been through 3 track crosses. Im sure you will be fine on the street. Im looking to swap out my rotors to Raybestos rotors once i put on the brembos and perhaps stick with the z26 pads. The pads have very little dust compared to stock and brembo pads.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just thought about it, and with so many horror stories, and being the brakes, decided to keep the stock brake pads. The only reason I was going to replace them is the dust, but seems stupid to replace them just for that. Will remove one wheel at a time, clean it and wax it, in hopes dust is easier to remove in the future. Or at least that it doesn't damage the wheel finish. By the way, the stupid black paint on my wheels scratches just by looking at it the wrong way. We'll see how long it lasts looking decently good.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I currently have the power stop z26 rotor and pad kit. Ive had it on for about 2 years/ 30K miles. Its been through 3 track crosses. Im sure you will be fine on the street. Im looking to swap out my rotors to Raybestos rotors once i put on the brembos and perhaps stick with the z26 pads. The pads have very little dust compared to stock and brembo pads.
Thanks for the reply. I am doing the upgrade to the Brembos at the same time.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I suggest you ceramic coat your wheels to make it even easier. I do notice you participate in a lot of threads but you almost always end up stating you won't change from stock. Nothing wrong with that, as that your opinion but you do realize many don't mind changing things up. The Brembos are great brakes, just dusty... As is must great brakes.

(Elp_jc, post: 3005821, member: 49841"]I just thought about it, and with so many horror stories, and being the brakes, decided to keep the stock brake pads. The only reason I was going to replace them is the dust, but seems stupid to replace them just for that. Will remove one wheel at a time, clean it and wax it, in hopes dust is easier to remove in the future. Or at least that it doesn't damage the wheel finish. By the way, the stupid black paint on my wheels scratches just by looking at it the wrong way. We'll see how long it lasts looking decently good.[/QUOTE]
I just thought about it, and with so many horror stories, and being the brakes, decided to keep the stock brake pads. The only reason I was going to replace them is the dust, but seems stupid to replace them just for that. Will remove one wheel at a time, clean it and wax it, in hopes dust is easier to remove in the future. Or at least that it doesn't damage the wheel finish. By the way, the stupid black paint on my wheels scratches just by looking at it the wrong way. We'll see how long it lasts looking decently good.