Power Saving Issue

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Hey all anyone getting this issue? ive had my car back to FORD and they cant find any issues with it,
any ideas?.
IMG_1458.JPG
Sponsored

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
When does it do that? I noticed ours do it on Saturday when I was waiting for my wife to get in. It was turned off at the time and she had the key with her outside the car, but it was unlocked and I was in the passenger seat.

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
No music playing when it happened to ours. We barely have the radio on as it makes its own music when the roof is down.

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
When does it do that? I noticed ours do it on Saturday when I was waiting for my wife to get in. It was turned off at the time and she had the key with her outside the car, but it was unlocked and I was in the passenger seat.
does it when i first get in the car before i start it up then its fine for the rest of the day,seems to be ramdon sometimes i get it for 3-4 mornings in a row then nothing for a few days,

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Didn't have radio playing or anything?
No radio or anything turned on it does it when you first unlock the car so no accessories even turned on.
it shows the pony on the screen first then you get the power saving screen straight away.

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
It's just a normal warning message telling you that "Sync3" has turned off to preserve the battery. Mine used to do that but not as much now as I keep my trickle battery charger on. :)

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
It's just a normal warning message telling you that "Sync3" has turned off to preserve the battery. Mine used to do that but not as much now as I keep my trickle battery charger on. :)
Thanks for the info don appreciated.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I noticed that as soon as my car is unlocked the headunit actually lights up. When you open the door the pony comes up, but if you unlock with remote and don't touch door you'll notice the screen stays black but headlights come on.

What @FMGTV8 is sayings sounds what is happening, and that's because as soon as the car is unlocked then the Headunit starts up so it's probably Sync3 loading and then telling you it's going to completely turn the head unit off unless you actually start the car

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
I noticed that as soon as my car is unlocked the headunit actually lights up. When you open the door the pony comes up, but if you unlock with remote and don't touch door you'll notice the screen stays black but headlights come on.

What @FMGTV8 is sayings sounds what is happening, and that's because as soon as the car is unlocked then the Headunit starts up so it's probably Sync3 loading and then telling you it's going to completely turn the head unit off unless you actually start the car
Ah ok that makes sense thanks Hornet.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve only ever had this happen once.
The backstory is that I changed the settings on my Ngauge, allowing it to drain the battery.
Came back a few days later, car wouldn’t start.
Chucked the charger on it, received that message.
FULLY charged the battery, haven’t seen the warning in the month or so since.

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
I’ve only ever had this happen once.
The backstory is that I changed the settings on my Ngauge, allowing it to drain the battery.
Came back a few days later, car wouldn’t start.
Chucked the charger on it, received that message.
FULLY charged the battery, haven’t seen the warning in the month or so since.
Hi Burkey i still get this at least every 3 days,i think my dashcam is draining the battery to quick and causing the
issue,not sure if it's a bad battery even though ford said its fine,maybe a backup battery for the dashcam might help?.
When you charged your battery did you disconnect it first or just put charger on and charge,i read a couple of things
online now not quite sure which way to fully charge my battery.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Burkey i still get this at least every 3 days,i think my dashcam is draining the battery to quick and causing the
issue,not sure if it's a bad battery even though ford said its fine,maybe a backup battery for the dashcam might help?.
When you charged your battery did you disconnect it first or just put charger on and charge,i read a couple of things
online now not quite sure which way to fully charge my battery.
Hey mate.
I just hooked it up without disconnecting the battery. If your dashcam is operating virtually full time, I’d be thinking that’s exactly what’s causing it (unless the car battery is on its way out).
Can you charge the battery and disconnect the dash cam for a couple of days to prove/disprove?

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Hey mate.
I just hooked it up without disconnecting the battery. If your dashcam is operating virtually full time, I’d be thinking that’s exactly what’s causing it (unless the car battery is on its way out).
Can you charge the battery and disconnect the dash cam for a couple of days to prove/disprove?
Thanks Burkey i'll give this a go. could be battery even though i only 1500klms on it.
Sponsored