Sponsored

Power Pack 3 vs custom tune?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I tried looking on Google, and here, but i couldn't find any dynos of someone (preferably manual) with the PP3 doing before and after a custom tune.

Has anyone seen this, or can direct me to a thread of graph to look at?
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I doubt many folks have done that since it's kind've a waste of money to buy a Ford tune and then a second tune for boltons like that. I could be wrong.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I doubt many folks have done that since it's kind've a waste of money to buy a Ford tune and then a second tune for boltons like that. I could be wrong.
The Ford tune seems to be included in the package.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The Ford tune seems to be included in the package.
Oh I know. Sorry thought you meant comparing the Ford PP3 calibration to an aftermarket tune for GT350 IM/TB

Anyway, there are numerous YouTube vids of PP3 dynos.

Last edited:
OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Oh I know. Sorry thought you meant comparing the Ford PP3 calibration to an aftermarket tune for GT350 IM/TB

Anyway, there are numerous YouTube vids of PP3 dynos.
That's exactly what I'm asking. I'm wondering how much more power Ford's tune leaves on the table compared to a good dyno tune.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I would surmise not much. Maybe a custom tune might net you a few more HP. It's already an enhanced calibration from Ford so... doubt you'll gain much.

But again the PP3 is already expensive enough and comes with a tune so it doesn't make much sense to me to then get an aftermarket custom dyno tune. If you're going that route I'd just buy the GT350 IM and TB from JDM and then get a custom tune for it.

I plan on doing GT350 IM/TB, 47 lb injectors and E85. If you're running E85 you'll probably get some measurable HP increase.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I would surmise not much. Maybe a custom tune might net you a few more HP. It's already an enhanced calibration from Ford so... doubt you'll gain much.

But again the PP3 is already expensive enough and comes with a tune so it doesn't make much sense to me to then get an aftermarket custom dyno tune. If you're going that route I'd just buy the GT350 IM and TB from JDM and then get a custom tune for it.

I plan on doing GT350 IM/TB, 47 lb injectors and E85. If you're running E85 you'll probably get some measurable HP increase.
That's logical. I just wasn't sure if they were giving a conservative tune just to keep it "safe" for warranty.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
That's logical. I just wasn't sure if they were giving a conservative tune just to keep it "safe" for warranty.
It probably is somewhat conservative yes for that reason. Although I am pretty sure I saw a Ford PP3 showing 430whp. That's pretty good.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
That's exactly what I'm asking. I'm wondering how much more power Ford's tune leaves on the table compared to a good dyno tune.
Street car or track car?

Ford Performance calibrations shouldn't be compared to aftermarket "toons" made on a DynoJet. FP engineers are writing those files based on OE level instrumentation, DAQ and dynamometers. You can not compare the information gathered on an AVL engine dyno to a DynoJet. At the OE level we NEVER even consider writing calibrations like that. They serve two completely different purposes.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Street car or track car?

Ford Performance calibrations shouldn't be compared to aftermarket "toons" made on a DynoJet. FP engineers are writing those files based on OE level instrumentation, DAQ and dynamometers. You can not compare the information gathered on an AVL engine dyno to a DynoJet. At the OE level we NEVER even consider writing calibrations like that. They serve two completely different purposes.
I know what they are and how they are made. I've spent a few years tuning Zetec engines with SCT. I'm just asking a simple question in the performance difference.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
One option the Ford package doesn't allow for is E85. Dyno comparisons show about a 15 hp increase with the E85 vs 93.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Lund nGauge + tune is the way to go. Let me know if I can get you one.
My Mach1 was tuned by Jon, he and his son used to hang out with a local Philly Mustang club I was also in. This was back when he and Evolution worked closely, they(evo) are about 3 miles from my house. No matter what I get, if it's Ford, I'm getting the tune done by Jon.

Logan@TeamBeefcakeRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teambeefcakeracing.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Single Turbo 5.0
My Mach1 was tuned by Jon, he and his son used to hang out with a local Philly mustang club I was also in. This was back when he and Evolution worked closely, they are about 3 miles from my house. No matter what I get, if it's Ford, I'm getting the tune done by Jon.
Smart man!! Sr. and Jr. are both awesome dudes!!
Sponsored