Sponsored

Power Pack 2

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Bought another 2015 GT and looking to see how people like the power pack 2. Any issues with it?
Sponsored

Jaybob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium performance package
Bought another 2015 GT and looking to see how people like the power pack 2. Any issues with it?
If you are referring to the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 I have had no issues with it for the last 5 thousand miles when I had it installed a year and a half ago. I have a 2017 performance package GT premium. If I could go back in time, I would not get this CAI canned tune. TBH, I can tell minimal difference than stock. If I was to do it again I would look into a custom tune from Lund or any other credible custom tune brands. I know people will say it will void warranty etc...but you have a 2015 so that's out . Go custom! The only thing I like about the power pack 2 is that my exhaust sounds a lot better with more burbles and pops . I have the MBRP catback street series version.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I have had it on my 15 for about two years and 15k miles with no issues. I did notice a difference with how the car drives and felt. Shifts seem firmer and the throttle is more responsive. Don't just look at max gains, you can really feel the increase in torque down low.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If you are referring to the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 I have had no issues with it for the last 5 thousand miles when I had it installed a year and a half ago. I have a 2017 performance package GT premium. If I could go back in time, I would not get this CAI canned tune. TBH, I can tell minimal difference than stock. If I was to do it again I would look into a custom tune from Lund or any other credible custom tune brands. I know people will say it will void warranty etc...but you have a 2015 so that's out . Go custom! The only thing I like about the power pack 2 is that my exhaust sounds a lot better with more burbles and pops . I have the MBRP catback street series version.

I have the race series and I plan on doing headers too...
how ever I need to research the pack 2 I didn’t know it was a tune involved

OP
OP

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the insight. I am just on the fence. Also I think this car has that ticking noise so that’s something else to consider. It drives fine but I guess I don’t remember how my other car felt before the Whipple.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger

I also have the MBRP Street catback with the power pack 2 and love the sound! I noticed a definite improvement in low end power. Although, I'm used to it now, so now I want more power! Not gonna go FI though. I'll probably end up leaving it the way it is. At least until corn is readily available near me.

OP, you'll definitely make bigger gains with a custom tune over the FPPP2. I just didn't wamt the hassle of data logging and going back and forth with a tuner who may or may not be around later. I gave up a little power for simplicity and reliability. My choice, and I'm happy as a clam. For now.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I've had one on mine for 3 years now, you can definitely feel the increase in low end torque.I went with the power pack 2 because of the warranty aspect and it's tricky to tune for the 87mm throttle body that comes with it. Since you have a 15, get a ported 18+ manifold, 90 mm TB, a good CAI and a custom tune. That will give you a lot more than the claimed 23 whp of the power pack 2.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I highly recommend the power pack 2 kit. It made a significant improvement in my opinion. The car just feels more responsive and the torque increase was very noticeable. My car is 100% stock other than the power pack 2 kit. I had it on a dyno and it put down 403rwhp and 395rwtq.

I don't think an aftermarket tune on an otherwise stock car will yield a significantly better result.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I also have long tube headers and I put down 425 on 93 octane

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If you purchase a power pack 2 and the LTH is that tune sufficient enough?

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I had to get my CEL turned off after the LTH install. I told the tuner guy to not change the tune, just turn off the light as I was happy with the ford racing tune. I imagine I could get more out of it if I let him play with the tune, but it ran perfect and I didn't want to lose the extra low end torque.

If you go this route, be advised the only tuning device that can access the ford racing tune is HP tuners

OP
OP

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to order. Thanks for the help!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You could always just go for the stage 3 kit, same low end gains with a little more top end and more rpm, but it retails for 2K. Or a better compromise would the stage 2 with an 18+ manifold and get the tune tweaked for the manifold swap. In the end it will cost about the same, but you can reuse your engine cover on an 18+ manifold, the stage 3 gets you the GT 350 manifold and there is no provision for the engine cover.

BTW, I also have an x-pipe and ford racing sport mufflers by borla along with my LTH's and it is loud when you mash the go pedal and really loud during cold start up, so much so that it wakes up the wife out of a dead sleep when I leave for work at 5 am

OP
OP

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am going to stick with ford tune also. I know there is more power with a aftermarket tune but that’s a hassle to get right. Also I read that line lock is disabled with Ford’s tune. Is this correct?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I am going to stick with ford tune also. I know there is more power with a aftermarket tune but that’s a hassle to get right. Also I read that line lock is disabled with Ford’s tune. Is this correct?
like lock shouldn’t be.

I want to do LTH want a seamless experience. So I am wondering will the tune from the power pack be computable with LTH
Sponsored