Sponsored

Potential oil cooler failure - Aug 2017 shadow edition

Redshadow62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
If he cancelled the sale through eBay you would have received a refund automatically so something didn't go right. Right result in the end by whatever means. I only opened Pandora's box because I thought the Forum was attaching PMs to notification emails. We can all move along, nothing to see here. :tumbleweed:

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Thank you slowhand99, I didnt know about this forum until I tried getting in touch with this guy. Not the best start on my part but hopefully a bit of good fortune has come from this in my finding this forum.
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Because he ignored quite a number of messages on there. I tried to contact him privately to see why goods sold were not sent out, he claimed they were packed and postage paid, yet never sent them.he cancelled the sale not me and not requested by me, So as far as I am concerned he had no intention of doing so.
Welcome to the forum by the way.
Yeah, sorry. Welcome :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I only opened Pandora's box because I thought the Forum was attaching PMs to notification emails. We can all move along, nothing to see here. :tumbleweed:
Yes, thanks for that Ben ;)

Welcome @Redshadow62, assuming that's a red shadow edition you have? Tell us more! As your dispute was in relation to an Ebay sale, I'm sure you'll understand my deleting reference posts to that, now that you have exchanged messages. Let's keep this thread on track :thumbsup:

Redshadow62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Yes, thanks for that Ben ;)

Welcome @Redshadow62, assuming that's a red shadow edition you have? Tell us more! As your dispute was in relation to an Ebay sale, I'm sure you'll understand my deleting reference posts to that, now that you have exchanged messages. Let's keep this thread on track :thumbsup:
Thanks, it is indeed a red shadow edition GT, had it from new since 2017, to say I loved it from day 1 be an understatement, 2k miles in 1st 10 days and 15k up to now. I was dissapointed to be messed around and matching my car, I saw red, but for me its now done. Hope to utilise this forum in the manner it should be.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways

Sponsored

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
I was just googling around looking for a supplier for braided hoses and fittings when I came across this.

https://auto.helperformance.com/ford-mustang-5-0-gt-2015-oil-cooler-kit

oil-air cooler setup doesn't have the plugs to plug up the water side but its considerably cheaper than the other cooler setups I've seen and plugs are fairly cheap.
Unfortunately despite that being listed for 2015 Mustang it won't fit RHD cars - it uses a sandwich plate to go between the oil filter and filter mount and there's not room for that. It wouldn't replace or remove the plate type cooler that RHD cars have so wouldn't eliminate the problem.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Unfortunately despite that being listed for 2015 Mustang it won't fit RHD cars - it uses a sandwich plate to go between the oil filter and filter mount and there's not room for that. It wouldn't replace or remove the plate type cooler that RHD cars have so wouldn't eliminate the problem.
on that basis it would if you could find a take off plate that would fit the RHD cards then ? so it would eliminate the problem if you could resolve that issue ?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Watching with interest as I am on the verge of going for the Mishimoto/JWR solution...

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Watching with interest as I am on the verge of going for the Mishimoto/JWR solution...
well i'm going to be dismantling my block at some point this summer to do some bits and pieces so while im doing that i'm happy to build a custom kit or test an off the shelf kit / make custom changes to come up with something more price sensible than stuff like the street fighter kit etc. I just need to know what kinda challenges i'll face before hand so i can plan ahead rather than having block out for longer than a few days.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
on that basis it would if you could find a take off plate that would fit the RHD cards then ? so it would eliminate the problem if you could resolve that issue ?
In essence yes - a take off plate for the oil side of the cooler is what is needed - ideally one with a thermatic valve in (like the Australian one) so you're not running with cold oil for any longer than you have to. That's the key part - the rest is then hoses, mounting brackets and the cooler itself which shouldn't be too complex. We are working with ProAlloy to produce one in the UK.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
In essence yes - a take off plate for the oil side of the cooler is what is needed - ideally one with a thermatic valve in (like the Australian one) so you're not running with cold oil for any longer than you have to. That's the key part - the rest is then hoses, mounting brackets and the cooler itself which shouldn't be too complex. We are working with ProAlloy to produce one in the UK.
thats good to know if you're done by the summer i'll get a plate off you and build my own kit as a cooler + a couple of hoses will be less than ÂŁ150 (just pricing some generics from demon tweaks) so assuming the plate isn't a grand we should be good with a sensible price kit then.

If you don't get one sorted in time I'll just go to someone like QED get them to make me one up as they've done loads of stuff for me in the past for the track cars

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Are you working on a complete bolt-on kit - stock cooler gone - or just the plate? Any idea on timescale?

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
This will be a comprehensive kit including take off plate with thermatic valve, hoses, brackets, cooler element and all associated hardware. We have a target to have a testable version within the next month.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
This will be a comprehensive kit including take off plate with thermatic valve, hoses, brackets, cooler element and all associated hardware. We have a target to have a testable version within the next month.
Do you think it something that will be available by the end of next month ? warranty runs out end of June, and I would like something like this.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't have a definitive date but we're pressing them to get it up and running as soon as possible. I'll put a thread out when we have it available.
Sponsored