Sponsored

I'm back again (2018 TY Shadow Edition)

ahannigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@NornIron91 lovely car! My last car was a liquid yellow Clio RS and I came close to buying the triple yellow mustang but I got won over by the magnetic when I saw it in person!

Picked mine up in Wigan and brought it back to Belfast a few months ago, better selection than over here!
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
The last 2017 cars were all pre registered around February time this year on 68 plates, mine was built end of August 2017 and not registered till December 2018 so had technically had its 1st birthday before even hitting the roads!

I’ve got my fingers crossed for big discounts on the 19 models and 0% to come into play again so I can swap into one of those :like:

OP
OP
NornIron91

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@NornIron91 lovely car! My last car was a liquid yellow Clio RS and I came close to buying the triple yellow mustang but I got won over by the magnetic when I saw it in person!

Picked mine up in Wigan and brought it back to Belfast a few months ago, better selection than over here!
Very nice, maybe I'll see you about at some point

OP
OP
NornIron91

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did Ford remove the feature to open both windows by holding down the unlock button on the keyfob or am I just stupid and can't get it to work, it definitely worked on my 2016 GT.

Sponsored

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
The last 2017 cars were all pre registered around February time this year on 68 plates, mine was built end of August 2017 and not registered till December 2018 so had technically had its 1st birthday before even hitting the roads!

I’ve got my fingers crossed for big discounts on the 19 models and 0% to come into play again so I can swap into one of those :like:
Fair play to you Adam. Ford haven't helped themselves with pricing. The differences between 2017 / 2019 models pushed the costs up by ÂŁ4k plus. From the outside they are very similar, so most buyers can't justify the extra costs. There are so few facelift models compared to the pre-facelift ones. There must be hundreds of unsold cars. Eventually Ford will have to offer some serious discounts, finance deals. May as well take advantage if you are in a fortunate position.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
ford shouldn't have facelifted them they should have just brought the gt350 and gt500 over instead they'd make sales then

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
again Adam?
Hey if there’s a good deal to be had I’d swap in a heartbeat. I’ve had a new car every year for the past 7 or 8 years so may awswell carry on the trend!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Can’t see it happening until they bring out another facelift model

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Can’t see it happening until they bring out another facelift model
I can, they are stacking up in the compound here at work with no buyers in sight. Only so long they can sit on that many unregistered cars before they have to start discounting or adding lower APR on the finance side of things to shift them.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I can, they are stacking up in the compound here at work with no buyers in sight. Only so long they can sit on that many unregistered cars before they have to start discounting or adding lower APR on the finance side of things to shift them.
I agree with you, infact i'm surprised they hadn't sooner, because even since announcement you've been able to get so many of 'em

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Been told by my dealer that from 2020 the V8 is unlikely to be brought over here due to the bringing in of stricter Co2 targets for Ford in Europe.

2021 target
From 2021, phased in from 2020, the EU fleet-wide average emission target for new cars will be 95 g CO2/km.

This emission level corresponds to a fuel consumption of around 4.1 l/100 km of petrol or 3.6 l/100 km of diesel.

https://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/transport/vehicles/cars_en

So I say buy one now and keep it :thumbsup:

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
I was told nobody is financing through Ford, and there are loads in stock. When I went to collect mine there were loads on the forecourt and loads in the compound out the back.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Been told by my dealer that from 2020 the V8 is unlikely to be brought over here due to the bringing in of stricter Co2 targets for Ford in Europe.

2021 target
From 2021, phased in from 2020, the EU fleet-wide average emission target for new cars will be 95 g CO2/km.

This emission level corresponds to a fuel consumption of around 4.1 l/100 km of petrol or 3.6 l/100 km of diesel.

Great news if that's the case, will keep residuals high

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase

2021 target

Hi Richard!

I realise that Brexit is taking a long time to happen:giggle:

It could be very likely that (despite what the current UK govt say about emissions etc) -

• We will no longer be governed by EU laws
  • We may have a US trade agreement in place
  • Ford may not see the UK as "EU fleet"
(a lot of "mays" there- I thought we'd seen the back of May!):cwl:

If Ford cease to import the RHD V8 to the UK - will they also cease import the V8 to all other RHD countries? (Australasia) - ?
Will it be viable to make a RHD V8 anymore?

just a few thoughts and questions ....
Sponsored