Sponsored

Possibly buying GT350 today, any last minute advice?

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
TL, DR: Seeking last minute opinions before putting pen to paper

I have a hold on an '18 GT350 with electronics package. Car was just taken on trade and wasn't ready for sale when I went by a couple days ago. I was told it was not going to be ready until early next week as they were waiting on replacement tires (tires are original and are aged out).

I looked at it in the service bay, they had it on the lift and put it up in the air for me. I was able to look underneath real good and they even gave me a flashlight to look at it. Started it, inspected interior etc.

I did notice some sort of melted substance or perhaps a crap repair job on one of the exhaust pipes. they're going to clarify what that was for me today. I'll test drive it as well to make sure all is well there. Car has lived in Texas its whole life and been registered in my area for a majority of that.

I'd be 3rd owner, original owner traded it to the same Ford dealer I'm now buying from so this is their second go round making money on this car.

They will have the OASIS report today for me to review as well. Carfax is clean so I"m hoping no surprises there. I will be buying an ext warranty regardless due to the known concerns with the GT350 for peace of mind.

I did not find any paint damage from areas like the hood/wiper area or any of the other areas that people say to look. panel gaps look good as well which I am familiar with as this would be my 3rd S550 but first Shelby. It does have a clear bra or whatever it's called on the hood/bumper which I'm not a fan of but I guess I'll have to live with.

Non OEM items I saw were the gas filler door (is now Black with Shelby on it), shifter knob is different and I believe the floor mats/trunk mat are non OEM. No owners supplement though I will ask about it today.

Anyways, any last minute suggestions before I put pen to paper? The weather is crap out again today so won't get to really get on the car during test drive but maybe (hopefully)it'll clear up by mid day.
Sponsored

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
yup fair enough point. I always tend to do analysis paralysis prior to buying things. sometimes it seems I buy crap just so I can run mental gymnastics in my head non stop

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
One major point…let’s see some pics!

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
yup fair enough point. I always tend to do analysis paralysis prior to buying things. sometimes it seems I buy crap just so I can run mental gymnastics in my head non stop
It is an intoxicating car. I miss mine. The good news is, if you don't love it someone else will.

Sponsored

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
One major point…let’s see some pics!
I'll get some today for sure. I didn't even think to do so Wednesday when I was up there

It is an intoxicating car. I miss mine. The good news is, if you don't love it someone else will.
Yup that's what I figured too. Worst case I sell it and buy something else. Though I kinda wonder if this might finally be a car I hold on to for significant time 😄

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
TL, DR: Seeking last minute opinions before putting pen to paper

I have a hold on an '18 GT350 with electronics package. Car was just taken on trade and wasn't ready for sale when I went by a couple days ago. I was told it was not going to be ready until early next week as they were waiting on replacement tires (tires are original and are aged out).

I looked at it in the service bay, they had it on the lift and put it up in the air for me. I was able to look underneath real good and they even gave me a flashlight to look at it. Started it, inspected interior etc.

I did notice some sort of melted substance or perhaps a crap repair job on one of the exhaust pipes. they're going to clarify what that was for me today. I'll test drive it as well to make sure all is well there. Car has lived in Texas its whole life and been registered in my area for a majority of that.

I'd be 3rd owner, original owner traded it to the same Ford dealer I'm now buying from so this is their second go round making money on this car.

They will have the OASIS report today for me to review as well. Carfax is clean so I"m hoping no surprises there. I will be buying an ext warranty regardless due to the known concerns with the GT350 for peace of mind.

I did not find any paint damage from areas like the hood/wiper area or any of the other areas that people say to look. panel gaps look good as well which I am familiar with as this would be my 3rd S550 but first Shelby. It does have a clear bra or whatever it's called on the hood/bumper which I'm not a fan of but I guess I'll have to live with.

Non OEM items I saw were the gas filler door (is now Black with Shelby on it), shifter knob is different and I believe the floor mats/trunk mat are non OEM. No owners supplement though I will ask about it today.

Anyways, any last minute suggestions before I put pen to paper? The weather is crap out again today so won't get to really get on the car during test drive but maybe (hopefully)it'll clear up by mid day.
Aside from an overall detailed visual inspection which you have already done the other key aspect for me would be to obtain an Oasis Report which you have already taken care of as well and suggest that you go over that report with the Service Manager.

Assuming that there are no surprises on the Oasis Report I suggest that you should be good to go but if there is some warranty work shown on the OR then you might want to step back and reassess your purchasing decision?

From a piece of mind standpoint, I always liked to inspect and take pictures of the matching VIN's on the engine and transmission block pads but that is just me as I am pretty anal about stuff like that.

Hopefully the GT350 Owners Kit comes with this car along with a Window Sticker, OEM car cover if shown on the WS and a 2018 GT350 Owner's Manual will hopefully be in the glove box.

Most importantly, once the transaction is all completed, we need some pictures of your cool 2018 Shelby GT350 and Good Luck!

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
thanks @PP0001

the OR is definitely what will make or break the deal IMO. I'm gonna swing up in a couple hours and review it and test drive. I'll def snag pics

digital WS does not show a cover included. I didn't see the original WS anywhere but I also didn't open the glove box. I did look in the trunk while I was there and nothing was in trunk (cover, WS, owners supplement etc etc)

smokinscooters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350
I traded in a 21 C8 Corvette for a 19 GT350 last year. While everyone else thinks I made a mistake, it was a great decision. The GT350 is a raw and visceral car. I couldn't be happier with the 350. If you get a chance to track it, you have to do it. The car is amazing on track, especially with some Steeda suspension upgrades. Pick up sway bars and the stop the hop kit and the car rides on rails.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Get a mechanic to check it out before you sign the deal!
You never know what could be wrong.
At least a second opinion by a trusted professional giving your the green light will seal the deal.

Or they may tell you to run away from a mess.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Re: the WS and owners kit, Ford Show Parts has a package for the Shelby’s that will get you the WS and some of the owners kit if memory serves. If that’s something that’s important to you.

Good luck, hope it works out for you!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
thanks @PP0001

the OR is definitely what will make or break the deal IMO. I'm gonna swing up in a couple hours and review it and test drive. I'll def snag pics

digital WS does not show a cover included. I didn't see the original WS anywhere but I also didn't open the glove box. I did look in the trunk while I was there and nothing was in trunk (cover, WS, owners supplement etc etc)
Hopefully the owner's manual is in the glove box and if not I suggest that the dealership should be able to provide you with a 2018 GT350 owner's manual at no cost assuming that you are dealing with a Ford dealership?

What color is this vehicle and does it come with OTT stripes or a Black painted roof?

Like you I am not a fan of clear bra's or PPF for that matter but understand and appreciate why other enthusiasts want them on their vehicles.

Would you be able to remove the clear bra from this vehicle assuming that some OTT stripes might not be involved?

If you are interested in the 2018 GT350 production numbers just let me know and will provide them to you for this vehicle?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I recommend paying close attention to the condition of the engine oil, differential fluid, coolant and brake/clutch fluid. If they’re all dirty and dark, then that would be a sign that the maintenance was probably neglected in those areas. I’m not saying it would be a deal breaker, but they can at least be used as bargaining chips. Maybe call a Ford dealer and ask what it costs to perform all of those services and see if you can have them reduce the price by that amount.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I recommend paying close attention to the condition of the engine oil, differential fluid, coolant and brake/clutch fluid. If they’re all dirty and dark, then that would be a sign that the maintenance was probably neglected in those areas. I’m not saying it would be a deal breaker, but they can at least be used as bargaining chips. Maybe call a Ford dealer and ask what it costs to perform all of those services and see if you can have them reduce the price by that amount.
He's buying it from a Ford dealer. They should be able to help him out on this type of stuff, for sure.

Sponsored