Possible Covid19 Protection

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
One thing about your experience is if those who became infected and recovered, why did they also get the vaccine?
My wife and younger daughter asked our doctor that question. The answer was 1. We do not yet truly know what the length of the natural immunity is and 2. The vaccine in addition to the natural immunity provides additional protection.

BTW, neither of them are big on vaccines but decided to get them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; The situation appears to be that we in the USA are at or close to herd immunity levels, at least according to some. This throws in those who have survived the infection naturally with the vaccinated.
The reports about natural immunity show that the immunity is strong in most people and is lasting many months. The assessment appears to be natural immunity will mirror natural immunity of other similar infections and may last for years.

Some people are not going to get the vaccine. That is part of having the freedom to choose what medical procedures we will have done. I did get the vaccine because I am old and have one health issue. I went and got an antibody test first which was negative. Had the test been positive I would have skipped the vaccine. Had I understood how bad the reaction would be to the second shot of the Moderna vaccine, I would have stopped at one shot.

That bad reaction is likely a reason some are not getting the vaccine. It is not just a mild fever and some aches. It is being very ill for about a full day. I understood what was happening. The strong reaction to the second shot meant I already had a very good immune system activation from the first shot.

I know a few people who do not plan to get the vaccine. In terms of the species it can be a good thing that not everyone does the same thing. I do not know of any serious or long term issues with the vaccines. May not be any, but if there does turn out to be something it will be those who did not take the vaccine who will keep the species going.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
The easiest way to piss people off is to tell them you can predict if they are vaccinated or not just by looking at their income.

That said I could give two shits if people get Vaxxed or not. I am, so I don’t care. I haven’t worn a mask anywhere in 2 months. I love the south.
That is interesting. Explain more, I would love to know how that works.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
That said I could give two shits if people get Vaxxed or not. I am, so I don’t care. I haven’t worn a mask anywhere in 2 months. I love the south.
Hello; Same here. I quit with the mask two weeks after the second shot. Whatever some one else does cannot affect me.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I never wore a mask, the science tells me the virus is smaller than any mask can stop, except for a respirator. If a store asked me to leave I simply said sure and left. Never to return even after the masks are no longer required.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'm not doing your homework for you.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
That’s what I thought. I’ve already done it and there is nothing that backs up your statement.
Keep your head in the sand.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I searched it out back in Feb and March of 2020.

Then again in Oct 2020.

My My My how things change.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Masks should be part of the “no politics” rule. So divisive for such a trivial thing. Still wearing mine in public even after the shot. Don’t care if you do or don’t though. They are just so political of a choice now.
Sponsored