Positive knock

MightyMouse95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS3
Got a 2015 Mustang with a roush 2.3 blower on in. Tuned by Lund. I’m having a problem with positive knock up to 8 degrees when normal driving and turning the steering wheel in the slightest. The knock hangs and slowly drops down to 0, or I can let off the throttle and it instantly drops. Not seeing any positive knock at WOT though, any ideas what’s causing the false knock?
Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Do you have long tube headers? They are a common source of false knock.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It might not be false knock part throttle knock is a common tuning problem. Have you spoke with Lund

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Have you added an octane booster such as Boostane to confirm that it is false knock?

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am confused you are talking about part throttle driving? How does it perform under WOT conditions?

Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Why. if there’s saying that they must know something
They're probably only telling to check it to make sure it's perfectly tight. The knock sensors in these cars are crazy sensitive and often times the exhaust gets rattled loose causing them to activate. The fact that it's happening at low throttle is likely indicative of something a bit loose that's attached to the engine.

Is it happening around 2K rpm? That tends to be a rough/harsh part of the power band.

OP
OP
MightyMouse95

MightyMouse95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS3
They're probably only telling to check it to make sure it's perfectly tight. The knock sensors in these cars are crazy sensitive and often times the exhaust gets rattled loose causing them to activate. The fact that it's happening at low throttle is likely indicative of something a bit loose that's attached to the engine.

Is it happening around 2K rpm? That tends to be a rough/harsh part of the power band.
Rpm doesn’t really matter, but I’d say so, I can have it at cruise going 60-70 and it’ll do it. But going WOT in a straight line never sees positive knock.