Sponsored

Ported 18+ and JLT install on 17’, update: had the maf backwards 🤦🏻‍♂️

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT iconic silver
Before you ask yes I flashed a tune for the manifold and JLT, my tuner says it’s on my end and mechanical. I’m at a loss tho, car ran prior to this but had a misfire due to the imrc being broken. Nothing else got changed or touched besides removing stock mani and intake then immediate install of the ported mani and JLT. Stock injectors, stock headers, xpipe res delete, roush mufflers and ngk iridium plugs which I did when the misfire started and it ran just fine with them.
I made a video the other day after removing everything to show how the manifold and lockouts look, showing stock injectors and then the process of me reinstalling everything just as it was the first time I did it. Idk I’m posting the video below, if anyone can watch it and or skim through it and see if anything is out of the ordinary or skip to the end to listen to me trying to start it I would greatly appreciate it

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
When you say wont run. Does it start at all? Turn over? Runs poorly and dies a lot?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
IconicSilver17GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
When you say wont run. Does it start at all? Turn over? Runs poorly and dies a lot?
If you skip to the end of the video I posted you can see, it turns over and when it does actually fire it struggles to run as bad as it does then dies seconds later, or fires then dies instantly

OP
OP
IconicSilver17GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
It'll run without the tune. Go back to your previous tune and see if it starts.
Tried that yesterday and same thing fired then died instantly

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
IconicSilver17GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
Right, so, first thing any codes pending/otherwise ?
No codes, after trying to start it a few times I’ll get the wrench light and a see manual message but that’s it. I’m gonna check again with my reader, I dont like how the HP shows codes

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you skip to the end of the video I posted you can see, it turns over and when it does actually fire it struggles to run as bad as it does then dies seconds later, or fires then dies instantly
Did the new manifold have all its lower seals in when it was installed?

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

MROCGUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Before you ask yes I flashed a tune for the manifold and JLT, my tuner says it’s on my end and mechanical. I’m at a loss tho, car ran prior to this but had a misfire due to the imrc being broken. Nothing else got changed or touched besides removing stock mani and intake then immediate install of the ported mani and JLT. Stock injectors, stock headers, xpipe res delete, roush mufflers and ngk iridium plugs which I did when the misfire started and it ran just fine with them.
I made a video the other day after removing everything to show how the manifold and lockouts look, showing stock injectors and then the process of me reinstalling everything just as it was the first time I did it. Idk I’m posting the video below, if anyone can watch it and or skim through it and see if anything is out of the ordinary or skip to the end to listen to me trying to start it I would greatly appreciate it

I installed a 87mm throttle body Steeda CAI, 2M headers, and had Rob Shoemaker tune it and said I'm getting to much air I need bigger Injectors, and in it sounds like you are in need of bigger injectors, because your fuel to air ratio is off.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase