Sponsored

Poll: Parking your car for the winter.

When or if you park your car for the winter season??

• October

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • November

Votes: 53 19.4%
  • December

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • Drive it all year around

Votes: 175 64.1%

• Total voters

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
My Mustang is not my daily driver, but once we get the first snowfall, she's done for the season. Usually lasts 4 months. :tsk: :(
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
It stays in the garage, but comes out in the winter on nice days. Down here the ave temps are in the 40's-50's in the winter.

Xcelsior

Threads
Reaction score
Website
bearcats18.enjin.com
First Name
Watson
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ingot Silver EcoBoost
Vehicle Showcase
She'll be out and about every day this year, just like last year. :D

I own nothing else and use 'er for work so anything that isn't bad enough to close the office isn't bad enough to park up. I was out-n-about the day after snowfall last winter on just stock AS tires; This year will be Winter tires so I have even less excuse to not be out working.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
just got my stang this past friday. it is not my daily driver so first snow or turn to crap weather and it gets garaged. i will take it out on any nice dry winter days for sure. weekends at least. i need to figure out what i need to actually do to winter garage it.

Sponsored

Reduxalicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT/CS
I'm from Texas, we have Spring, Summer and August so no putting it up for me.

That being said it might sit a little bit as I tend to ride my Beemer more during the cooler months

Beanpole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, 2003 Honda CBR600RR
I have people telling me my mustang is too valuable to drive through a NY winter, but there driving quad cab pickups year round that cost $20k more so I don't understand. I might pick up a Nissan Leaf for the winter since the depreciation over the first 4 years makes a used one crazy cheap and never stopping for gas all winter sounds very nice.

If I park it, it'll be first snowfall that requires road salt, usually around Thanksgiving.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
First year owning a car that I plan on parking during the winter. However with my AWD cars I would wait for the first dusting to put on the winter tires so that's probably how I will also gauge putting the Mustang away. Either that, or consecutive weeks of mornings bellow 50. Although I don't drive mine everyday. So if there happens to be a nice day during winter i will drive it.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Now living in Florida I take it out everyday, if I was still in the midwest there would be no way in heck I would be driving around in a Mustang.

TC :ford:

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
I'm slapping on a set of Nokian snow tires and off I go in Massachusetts.

Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I will park it when they start sanding the roads. They use alot of sand up here with the salt. I will also change my insurance since it will be asleep for a few months and then back out when the sand is off the roads.... April... May ish.

Oh, been spending more time tuning up the snowblower than upgrading the car.:(

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
As soon as enough flakes fall, that's it. It stays in the garage. It's garaged year round anyway, and there's no way in h*ll it's going out in that sh*t.

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
I bought an extra set of wheels used but they had summer tires on them as well. So I will probably smoke those., only take it out on days above 40 and then buy all season next year. Fortunately for me we don't get too many sub 40 days here. I am surprised at all the guys up north that take theirs out during the snow season. Salt and sand used to wreak havoc on my body and Frames up north

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
For me, this would be a typical winter day. Maybe not always snowing, but lots of it. This was one day last winter after a storm. I am grateful for my 4x4 and a snowblower. My Stang wouldn't be of much use in this. :shrug: