Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT Performance Pack

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Other than lights, radio, battery, and weapon mounts, there aren't any mandated performance upgrades to the mustang when it becomes a police vehicle. Those are relagated to the Taurus and they don't exactly make the car any faster but more reliable under severe use.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
The worst is last week I saw an unmarked Crown Vic pull over a guy... I thought we were safe from those headlights finally. :(

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
The worst is last week I saw an unmarked Crown Vic pull over a guy... I thought we were safe from those headlights finally. :(
Usually PD's phase their cars out after 100k miles or so.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
ford puts the 3.7 in police units now.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I was talking to a LEO on the Big Island of Hawaii and he said they get to choose their own car, at least where he is, and most of the guys get Chargers, Challengers or Mustangs. I saw two semi-marked (they have semi-permanent blue lights) Mustangs in Honolulu a few years back, one was a 2003 Mach1. Updated with picture from 2005.
HAWAII 2005 (155).JPG

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I got a pic of this chick cop in a '13-14 GT pulling someone over by me, funny thing is she lives in my neighborhood I see it parked out front every night and can see the lights. Just moved in a year or so ago.
image.jpg

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
police and highway patrol are moving towards all explorers out here
Yeah, our city is apparently getting a couple unmarked Explorers soon.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Although I believe that is more urban legend / myth and Snopes material than an incident which is likely to occur.
Sadly not...they busted a pervert in my hometown doing this. He had a crown vic with a blue light (and strobe light) and was pulling over women asking for their license in order to get their home address. The state troopers were advising people to ask for the officer's badge number first and calling 911 to confirm.

I bet that'd go over like gangbusters if it turned out to be a real officer.

volsfan0911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
MD State Troopers still have a ton of Crown Vics for marked and unmarked vehicles. They have gone to Tahoes too, marked and unmarked as well. Although with the LED bars up against the headliners and folded spotlights, they stick out like a sore thumb a mile away. When I lived in SC way back when, BMW gave the SC State Police a few M5 for chase vehicles as a "thank you" for BMW Manufacturing's site in Spartanburg. So if you saw a Silver M5 while flying down the interstate, it was a serious pucker factor/check your speed moment usually :shocked:

volsfan0911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Sadly not...they busted a pervert in my hometown doing this. He had a crown vic with a blue light (and strobe light) and was pulling over women asking for their license in order to get their home address. The state troopers were advising people to ask for the officer's badge number first and calling 911 to confirm.

Here in MD, you can dial #77 and be connected to the nearest State Trooper barracks. You can verify the trooper's identity and/or report a fraudulent stop attempt.

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT Performance Pack

Yeah, it's happened here too. I just get tired of debating. LOL
Sponsored