RADARB8

***** Troll
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I got a pic of this chick cop in a '13-14 GT pulling someone over by me, funny thing is she lives in my neighborhood I see it parked out front every night and can see the lights. Just moved in a year or so ago.
Was this in Ft Myers? I know a few years ago they had 2 05-09 GTs (light blue and red) that were unmarked aside from the hidden LED police lights. Haven't been up in that area enough to see them lately now that I'm in Naples.
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Was this in Ft Myers? I know a few years ago they had 2 05-09 GTs (light blue and red) that were unmarked aside from the hidden LED police lights. Haven't been up in that area enough to see them lately now that I'm in Naples.
Nope Clearwater, they also have F-150's/Tahoe's etc...

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So far in Oregon I've seen S197's up in Albany, two Challengers in Eugene/Springfield, a C6 in Tigard and for a while down here in Medford there was a Supercharged Magnum that was doing stops, but I think they decommed it.

5.0-PoPo

Live Free or Die
Threads
Reaction score
We have a ton of the CVPI still in service, but since they are no longer available, they were replaced with the Interceptor Sedan (Taurus). The problem with the sedan, is SIZE! After center stacks, mobile data terminals, shotgun racks and gear, it's tight for one Officer, much less two! Add a cage and there is no backseat room, in the CVPI you could fit 3 wide on a good day. Furthermore, the trunk in much smaller and the GVW is less than the CV, with all the gear and driver you're at the GVW limit.

We just received our first shipment of Interceptor Utility (Explorers) I think you will be seeing many more of these! On the state bid, they are very close in price and with AWD and the added room, I don't see a plus to the sedan. Mine should be done in November :) unmarked :) but half of them will get marked. None are slated for traffic enforcement!

As far as a Mustang being used in SC, doubtful. The last one I saw here was way back in the day! SCHP has a few chargers, but mostly CVPI's and Tahoe's. The Mustangs/Chargers etc are more for show, you see a few seized cars being marked for School Resource Officers and some traffic enforcement. The issue is you need more ground clearance than speed, sports cars don't do well hopping curbs or grass medians! 99.9% of the time a CVPI with a radio, will run down pretty much anything; we have air support for the other .01%
1024x768.jpg

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
This would be a good photoshop thread, any of our photoshoppers want to chop us a police interceptor S550 in black?? PLEASE!

Sponsored

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
The new replacements for the old Crown Victoria's in Vancouver Canada
DSC_0586.jpg
image.jpg

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Usually PD's phase their cars out after 100k miles or so.
Say what you will about the Crown Vic Inteceptor, but it sure was/is durable and dependable. I'm sure going to miss them as we phase them out. So far we're going to the Explorers. They are comfortable and refined but I just can't get used to them.

OP
OP

Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in-between
It's recommended you drive to a precinct or call the police if unsure that an unmarked vehicle is officially police.

However, it seems uncertain from the replies that a 2015 will be recruited for service. I was more curious about push bumpers, light bars, heavy-duty components, and electronics that would go into one.
Sponsored