pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Hello,

I purchased the Raxio Tail Light sequencer for my 2015 GT. Now that I have it, I'm wondering if I am just asking to be pulled over and cited. With the sequencer installed and I step on my brakes, it will run both left and right tail lights for once sequential pass then remain steady on.

I am in California where every little thing is scrutinized. I am hoping to get the view of any law enforcement officers here.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Hello,

I purchased the Raxio Tail Light sequencer for my 2015 GT. Now that I have it, I'm wondering if I am just asking to be pulled over and cited. With the sequencer installed and I step on my brakes, it will run both left and right tail lights for once sequential pass then remain steady on.

I am in California where every little thing is scrutinized. I am hoping to get the view of any law enforcement officers here.

Thank you.
You need to read up on the traffic laws in your area. Im not sure if this applies to aftermarket taillights, but i think they have to be DOT approved in order to be street legal.

Chlocli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1999.5 Audi A4 1.8qtms
With the sequencer installed and I step on my brakes, it will run both left and right tail lights for once sequential pass then remain steady on.
[/QUOTE]

That will probably confuse some of the genius drivers out there and increase your risk of being rear ended. I would pass on such mods regardless of it being legal.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That will probably confuse some of the genius drivers out there and increase your risk of being rear ended. I would pass on such mods regardless of it being legal.
I hear this all the time and it doesn't make sense. They sequence ONCE and then they are solid. It's not like they sequence 5 times and then stay solid. Even some motorcycles have a brake light that flashes a few times before staying solid - that doesn't confuse people, and is meant to grab your attention.

If people are that stupid, they don't have enough time to become confused before the brake lights are on solid.

I am definitely getting this mod for my car - I had it on my 2006 GT, and it should have come this way from the factory. I had police behind me many times, and never had an issue. Of course, this was in FL... not sure about CA.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
actually I don't think it would confuse most drivers. Two flashing lights in the rear normally indicated hazard lights, so it's intent would most likely work. Most drivers slow down or try to get around people with hazards. Plus if it did confuse someone, instinct would tell that person to slow down. However in an emergency situation, it wouldn't be in your favor, unless they flashed really fast.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I hear this all the time and it doesn't make sense. They sequence ONCE and then they are solid. It's not like they sequence 5 times and then stay solid. Even some motorcycles have a brake light that flashes a few times before staying solid - that doesn't confuse people.

I am definitely getting this mod for my car - I had it on my 2006 GT, and it should have come this way from the factory. I had police behind me many times, and never had an issue. Of course, this was in FL... not sure about CA.
Thats it.., if trooper says it... it is just fine... thank you sensie...

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
UPS just dropped this mod today. Now all I need is my new mustang to put it in.
2015 GT Premium Guard
Performance Pack
Enhanced Security
Reverse Park Assist
Premier Trim
Voice Activated Navigation

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
UPS just dropped this mod today. Now all I need is my new mustang to put it in.
Where did you order it from? It's on my list to get soon...

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Where did you order it from? It's on my list to get soon...
American Muscle. The tube they come in will say 2010-2014 but they are good for the 2015. They also continually sequence when the hazards are engaged.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I can't wait to take these off my 14 and put them on the 15 ;)

They sequence very quickly, I think it is more eye catching, of course though people love to tailgate so you never know when you can/will get smashed from behind either way.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
I just ordered these this afternoon as well. To me it's like having 3 sets of brake lights..... In case you didn't see me applying them the first 2 times...

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
American Muscle. The tube they come in will say 2010-2014 but they are good for the 2015. They also continually sequence when the hazards are engaged.
And during locking/un-locking. :)

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
cool
Sponsored