PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Any reason why you guys didn't go with just one solid tube all the way up to the filter? One less coupler to have and no ugly chrome piece..
It's not chrome. It's not ugly and I don't even own a PMAS.
Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So how is this different than the Steeda's dyno test for their intake, which they compared to other brand intakes and gained 22 whp on a non tune version? Same goes for Roush which they claimed 10 whp on the dyno.

I did an independent test at my local dragstrip, which we all know trap speed trumps dyno numbers. My Steeda No-tune intake gained exactly ZERO mph... I ran Steeda few passes first.. same cooldown time/iats before runs etc.. then swapped my stock intake back on... NO GAIN AT ALL. 22rwhp would have been 2mph. So much for that. Can't get a better test than that.

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
I did an independent test at my local dragstrip, which we all know trap speed trumps dyno numbers. My Steeda No-tune intake gained exactly ZERO mph... I ran Steeda few passes first.. same cooldown time/iats before runs etc.. then swapped my stock intake back on... NO GAIN AT ALL. 22rwhp would have been 2mph. So much for that. Can't get a better test than that.
Same here I use my stock true CAI for the track the Steeda for show;)

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
So are you willing to do the same for the PMAS as well? With that logic, if you can't gain 1.5 mph consistently over the stock airbox with paper filter then what?

Funny thing, I also own a Steeda and I tried all three setups. AFE Filter, Paper Filter, and Steeda CAI. I ve been running the AFE drop in filter for a while now and decided to swap to the OEM paper filter. I felt like the car gained low rpm torque. This is really bizarre. I will do couple of runs at the strip with paper filter vs the AFE drop in to see if its in my head.

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
[MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] iat maf readings are much better after relocating it inside the box. I rotated the tube down and have the maf on the bottom near the hole cutout for the tube entrance. Is there any downside to this?

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So are you willing to do the same for the PMAS as well? With that logic, if you can't gain 1.5 mph consistently over the stock airbox with paper filter then what?

Funny thing, I also own a Steeda and I tried all three setups. AFE Filter, Paper Filter, and Steeda CAI. I ve been running the AFE drop in filter for a while now and decided to swap to the OEM paper filter. I felt like the car gained low rpm torque. This is really bizarre. I will do couple of runs at the strip with paper filter vs the AFE drop in to see if its in my head.
If I were to purchase the PMAS, I would have no issues comparing the two. But I have also messaged two separate owners who have the same mods as me who were running similar traps as me with stock intake(117ish). They added the PMAS and have trapped 120. I would personally have to test this myself to 100% believe the results.. but a 3mph gain certainly shows as more than a 12rwhp dyno gain.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
[MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] iat maf readings are much better after relocating it inside the box. I rotated the tube down and have the maf on the bottom near the hole cutout for the tube entrance. Is there any downside to this?
You mean by where cold air enters from front grill?
If so good idea as air moving over the sensor will help prevent heat soak. :)

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
If I were to purchase the PMAS, I would have no issues comparing the two. But I have also messaged two separate owners who have the same mods as me who were running similar traps as me with stock intake(117ish). They added the PMAS and have trapped 120. I would personally have to test this myself to 100% believe the results.. but a 3mph gain certainly shows as more than a 12rwhp dyno gain.
This is not directed at anyone in particular but trap speeds are as relatable as dyno numbers. I don’t see any time slips showing 60’ times within a few 1000ths. If you did this test and corrected DA between runs with a very consistent car you may be able to have reliable data. Tuned cars typically have the torque maxed out and torque is what accelerates a vehicle or a roller. HP is a mere calculation. The same way any logger can be reasonably accurate calculating HP if BSFC and fuel rate is known. The sum of the data is only as good as the raw data. Back to back testing needs to be done on a non-tuned car to see the difference between intakes. Then if it still shows gains with a tune it’s just a bonus.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I couldn't get the MAF down inside the shield like that without leaving a large gap between the tube and the shield. This let in a lot of hot air and made my IATs much higher.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
There's a ton of air moving around in the underhood area at speed. Based on similar IAT readings, hood open is probably closer to a car moving at speed than we'd think. Also, 2hp is well within the "noise", especially since it made the same torque.
Sponsored