PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
I don't like the sharp bend on this intake.
Our shape actually flows a lot more than a standard bend.

The red is where air "piles up" (increases restriction) In a way it makes the flowing part of the pipe smaller. When you look at this pic, our elbow makes a lot more sense.
Streamlines-color-pressure.png

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Our shape actually flows a lot more than a standard bend.

The red is where air "piles up" (increases restriction) In a way it makes the flowing part of the pipe smaller. When you look at this pic, our elbow makes a lot more sense.
Picture of how your elbow looks inside?

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
[MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] have you seen this? Shit dude, you better throw away the thousands of hours of research, development and experience that went into honing this design 'cos this guy doesnt like the way it looks.

SMH.
I dont like convertibles because they seem girly.
I am not looking at it from an aesthetic viewpoint, more for airflow. This is the only/first intake I have seen with a sharp bend. All your big manufacturers don't have one. Same with exhaust systems. You don't want sharp bends.

Oh and I'm sure there are plenty of convertible owners here that will say otherwise.

Oh and thank you Dev1360 and PMAS for respectfully clarifying for me.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I am not looking at it from an aesthetic viewpoint, more for airflow. This is the only/first intake I have seen with a sharp bend. All your big manufacturers don't have one. Same with exhaust systems. You don't want sharp bends.

Oh and I'm sure there are plenty of convertible owners here that will say otherwise.

Oh and thank you Dev1360 and PMAS for respectfully clarifying for me.
While verts are not for me i was just ball busting.

Sponsored

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Picture of how your elbow looks inside?
Here is one from early development. This is also the right way to develop parts that flow air into your engine that perform well and not just "look" like they should perform well.
unnamed.jpg

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Okay, so I redid the intake so that the Maf is actually behind the heat shield and not stick up past it either. Also took out the snorkel which turned out was half falling out anyhow.
pFT34iZh.jpg
fd2OQqfh.jpg

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
[MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION]...gotta flip around the logo on the MAF housing. It's upside down when installed.

The little things, fam.

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
@PMAS ...gotta flip around the logo on the MAF housing. It's upside down when installed.

The little things, fam.
Problem is that it's right on the 11-13 because the plug has to point to the back.. we just aren't lasering them anymore. We are just going to include a sticker for the customer to place on the maf if they want. Too many applications use that housing in different orientations.

Miglo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ PP 401A NAV in DIB
Any reason why you guys didn't go with just one solid tube all the way up to the filter? One less coupler to have and no ugly chrome piece..

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
Any reason why you guys didn't go with just one solid tube all the way up to the filter? One less coupler to have and no ugly chrome piece..
Modular design. Use the MAF housing on multiple applications to drive down cost.
Sponsored