PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Shame you guys can't re-locate the IAT sensor to stop heat soak as mad heat soak can easily rob a car of 10-20 horsepower due to lack of ignition advance or even worse getting retard.

I re-located the IAT on my M3 and it worked for sure!
Putting the MAF in a plastic tube, using a sealed air box with a lid and having a sealed fresh air duct are the best ways to limit heat soak and keep actual IATs down. ECM doesn't pull timing until 150* IATs though at which point it pulls out around 4-5 degrees at wide open.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Putting the MAF in a plastic tube, using a sealed air box with a lid and having a sealed fresh air duct are the best ways to limit heat soak and keep actual IATs down. ECM doesn't pull timing until 150* IATs though at which point it pulls out around 4-5 degrees at wide open.
Are you sure its 150 F? I remember 120 degree F for IAT and 200 degree F CHT for the pulled timing. PMAS stated that having a sealed box would restrict their flow. The best cai suitable for your description is Injen, Corsa, and Stock cai.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
well mine came today and im pretty impressed with the quality. unfortunately not going to be able to install this as i got 7 stitches in my hand on monday :(

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
someone changed them..it was 15 a week ago

Shipping is all based on your location and which company you choose. It's not a fixed rate as much as I wish it would be.

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
70-100* temps you're pulling 1.5* of timing. It's up to 5* of timing at 130* intake temps IIRC.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Are you sure its 150 F? I remember 120 degree F for IAT and 200 degree F CHT for the pulled timing. PMAS stated that having a sealed box would restrict their flow. The best cai suitable for your description is Injen, Corsa, and Stock cai.
100% sure. I'm looking at my factory tune in Hp Tuners right now.
2vs4wvk.jpg

Multiplier is right around 0.10 so 50 is 5*. There is some interpolation between 100 and 150 of course so maybe 1-2* pulled at 120-125 and 2-3 at 135.

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
The thing about all that is, as long as your knock sensors are not being limited, they can and will still add that timing back. That is provided you are not getting knock, ofcourse.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.

pmas cai just came in, the cai looks a lot better in person. Everything was packaged very well, air filter was in its own box, and I managed to get the coupler to fit my gt350 tb.

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
looks like a lot of people got in on this, i cant see how this wont make any power, the maf tube is huge along with the inlet elbow..kudos to [MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] for designing a great intake

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
looks like a lot of people got in on this, i cant see how this wont make any power, the maf tube is huge along with the inlet elbow..kudos to [MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] for designing a great intake
It will make power, the question everyone has is how much power will it make over the other performance CAI's. I check this topic daily in the hopes of seeing some independent dynos with the PMAS unit. I'm still hopeful the gains shown by the manufacturer are legit or at least close to it.

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium automatic select shift
Anybody got a review yet? Thinking about trying out the pmas intake again.
Sponsored