2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well, ya kinda asked for that response

That being said

The car is faster then most have the ability to drive it. Thats also true of the Mustang GT

They dont use it in the race car because after the GT350 swept its first race series, they realized they didn't needs nor could they use the power of the GT350 FPC due to BOP rules and yes, the engine takes more care then a CPC. That is from Racers that were involved in the racing side of it, not me.

None of you know the actual failure rate of the engine. Only what you read on the internet.

"Its just another Mustang" Yea and so was a Boss 429, the original Super Snake ect. For not being special it sure got a lot of attention from the press with glowing reviews.

I believe what he was trying to say was, Dont ask a specific Question about a Mustang GT in the GT350 forum and visa versa. Just makes sense.

Lastly, many of you seem to thing Shelby owners think highly of themselves. Fact is, we dont think of these cars that way. Yes, there are a few but, just that is a very few. Just as some of you come off with a chip on your shoulder because you really think we somehow look down on the Mustang GT (or others) Just is not the case. And yes, chicks dig it as much as My Harley.

Somehow I see another locked thread coming
IMO the GT350 is awesome. And I agree with you - almost every car can be driven faster by someone who is a better driver. It's not that the car is too good for a person, it just means that the other driver is better.

38 is a GT350R that is behind a SS 1LE.

I was shooting the shit with him about my Alfa Quad about lapping a 350. Obviously its not true but they do share the same Nürburgring times. Both ran a 7:32. One just happens to be a 4 door sedan lol.

I love the Mustang line up I really do. The looks on the GT350 and 500 are amazing. But we cannot pretend they are the best car for the money on the track.

Chevy did an amazing job with the SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE. Hate or love Chevy that is undeniable.
Camaro times are all about tires. GM put really sticky short life tires on the Camaro SS 1LE. The original GT350 with the Pilot SS 300 tread wear tires is roughly equal to the SS 1LE, but the later GT350 that came stock with Cup 2 200 tw tires is significantly faster around a track.

This about sums up most car forums this one included-
-How dare you speak about my Special Edition GTBUL500350M1. If you don’t have one, out of the sandbox with you and your Mustang. Damn GT people. :crackup:
-My car is faster
-My mods are better
-Look at what I did
-I have a complaint
-I’m a better driver than you
-I have more money than you
-I’m going to show you pictures of my car and you should be interested because it’s almost exactly like yours but mine is better.
On rare occasion you actually share knowledge and make friendships. The few times it happens makes it worth it.
Don't forget -I used to be a pro race car driver. That is truly the Ace trump card.

I realize I am most likely pissing in the wind on a Mustang forum but I do not see how you have that order.

ZL1 1LE > GT500 > SS 1LE > GT350

The SS 1LE is punching way above its weight class. It is a insane car for the money and track times.
Tires. Remember the recent Mach 1 with CUP 2 tires - posted a very similar lap time to the GT350R. Definitely the Fords with Cup 2s are faster than the SS 1LE. It's just the Fords with reasonable street tires like the Pilot SS that aren't quite as quick.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
every car is not just the sum of its parts so it needs to be looked at on its own merits.
I have no brand loyalty, everything lives and dies with what it brings at its price point.
for 50-60K you get a pretty special car that has some quirks but its still a mustang.

so i don't get the snootiness but I'm a guy who looked at GR86, ecoboost HPP, and this PP1 GT that i eventually ordered.

streissand effect in full force here. don't ever tell a bunch of forum dudes to not do something well within their rights to do :D

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I love the Mustang line up but let's not pretend it's the end all be all of cars. It's a Mustang.
Indeed. Recently bought a 2012 Audi with 4.2L v8. Granted it cost 1.5x as much as an S550 when new but it has VASTLY better entertainment/info system in the car, and the driving dynamics make a PP1 GT feel like a Mattel toy.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Wtf buys a car for the entertainment system? Who let the soccer Mom in this thread? :facepalm:

Indeed. Recently bought a 2012 Audi with 4.2L v8. Granted it cost 1.5x as much as an S550 when new but it has VASTLY better entertainment/info system in the car, and the driving dynamics make a PP1 GT feel like a Mattel toy.

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I realize I am most likely pissing in the wind on a Mustang forum but I do not see how you have that order.

ZL1 1LE > GT500 > SS 1LE > GT350

The SS 1LE is punching way above its weight class. It is a insane car for the money and track times.
I have spent about 25 days a year on track with all of the above cars over the last 3 years of gt350 ownership. NOT many with the gt500 obviously though.. and while I 100% understand that driver and tires are key elements of performance, my assessment stands based on what I've seen on track of these cars. I'd buy a zl1 1le if I liked the cosmetics honestly, they seem to have less issues than the mustangs, but for bang for the buck I still think they are priced in the proper pecking order personally.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
ya know what else requires more maintenance? things that are inherently flawed.
that's a big red flag to anybody who's been all over the map when it comes to cars.
Very sharp knives need to be sharpened often and the blades tend to be fragile. But I wouldn't call a scalpel "inherently flawed".

Oh shit, it's 2am and I'm posting after drinking.... forget it. You're right. OK, bye.

Last edited:

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I just have an Ecoboost Mustang, and I'm telling y'all, it's a really special car. To me.

I only read threads like this after midnight. No sense wasting daylight.

My neighbor has a GT350; actually, I think he might have two. He doesn't take the cover off the second one very often, so I can't be sure. I've only seen the first one leave his garage a few times over the years, and I've only glimpsed the second one uncovered and leaving the driveway once. This probably doesn't count as tech, so not sure if I'm ok posting here.

Anyhow, interesting thread. I kind of like where it's gone. Thanks for your time!

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Very sharp knives need to be sharpened often and the blades tend to be fragile. But I wouldn't call a scalpel "inherently flawed".
that's because scalpels serve a very specific function for which they are designed perfectly.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I just have an Ecoboost Mustang, and I'm telling y'all, it's a really special car. To me.

I only read threads like this after midnight. No sense wasting daylight.

My neighbor has a GT350; actually, I think he might have two. He doesn't take the cover off the second one very often, so I can't be sure. I've only seen the first one leave his garage a few times over the years, and I've only glimpsed the second one uncovered and leaving the driveway once. This probably doesn't count as tech, so not sure if I'm ok posting here.

Anyhow, interesting thread. I kind of like where it's gone. Thanks for your time!
Whats wrong with you? Joking of course.
God forbid you go talk to your neighbor.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6