Sponsored

Picked her up yesterday!

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
The V6 is a great engine. I wish Ford would offer more options like they do on the EB and GT. When i got my first S550 i wanted to order a V6 but quickly found out i couldn't get it in a premium and PP so i ordered my EB the way i wanted it.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
The V6 is a great engine. I wish Ford would offer more options like they do on the EB and GT. When i got my first S550 i wanted to order a V6 but quickly found out i couldn't get it in a premium and PP so i ordered my EB the way i wanted it.
I probably wouldve bought a V6 Premium if it was available aswell. :/

OP
OP
andrew.k

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
Didn't the dealer fix the panel problem for you?
I didn't ask them to, I would rather align it myself. Looks to be quite easy, and dealer tends to macgyver panel alignment. If my attempts fail, that's when I see the dealer.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

:ford:

OP
OP
andrew.k

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, glad there is an active forum with S550's already!

Sponsored

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Welcome from another Magnetic owner. I had a small alignment issue with my trunk lid and i was able to adjust the latch assembly to fix it. You should be able to fix yours if you like or of course you could take it to the dealer.

OP
OP
andrew.k

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Welcome from another Magnetic owner. I had a small alignment issue with my trunk lid and i was able to adjust the latch assembly to fix it. You should be able to fix yours if you like or of course you could take it to the dealer.
Can you explain how you adjusted the latch? I thought this was a fixed part, not adjustable.

Over the weekend, I had the car tinted with Llumar F1 Pinnacle Series - 30%. This tint is non-metallized, nonconductive nano-ceramic, and will not interfere with any of the cars electronics. Picture below!

:)

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Congrats on your new ride! I can't wait till I have a chance to own one.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Can you explain how you adjusted the latch? I thought this was a fixed part, not adjustable.

Over the weekend, I had the car tinted with Llumar F1 Pinnacle Series - 30%. This tint is non-metallized, nonconductive nano-ceramic, and will not interfere with any of the cars electronics. Picture below!

:)
Looking good there Bud!!!! This is first on my 'To Do' list as soon as she shows up.. :thumbsup:

Was the ceramic more expensive than the regular tinting?

Sponsored
OP
OP
andrew.k

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Looking good there Bud!!!! This is first on my 'To Do' list as soon as she shows up.. :thumbsup:

Was the ceramic more expensive than the regular tinting?
Absolutely agree, not only does it improve the appearance, it keeps the interior cool in the blasted heat. There was a big difference in price between the classic series and Pinnacle.

Pinnacle series tint installation from:
2 Door cars from $325
Classic series tint installation from:
2 Door cars from $250

I had two other vehicles tinted at this shop, so they gave me a discount @ $300 Cash.

Not cheap, but worth it on a car I plan on keeping for 5-10 years.

Cheers!

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Absolutely agree, not only does it improve the appearance, it keeps the interior cool in the blasted heat. There was a big difference in price between the classic series and Pinnacle.

Pinnacle series tint installation from:
2 Door cars from $325
Classic series tint installation from:
2 Door cars from $250

I had two other vehicles tinted at this shop, so they gave me a discount @ $300 Cash.

Not cheap, but worth it on a car I plan on keeping for 5-10 years.

Cheers!
I was speaking with a reputable tinter here, on the rock, and he quoted me about $200. So I am thinking its just regular tint. Need to call him back. Thanx for the info.:)

But I have a vert coming, so the rear window is much smaller. But still thinking its regular tint.

OP
OP
andrew.k

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I had the classic series on my E90 330 @ 35% and it was also pretty durable. No issues for the five years I had it. Here's a picture for you as well.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
The trunk latch can be reached by removing the 4 knobs on the panel in front of the latch inside the trunk. You will see 2, 8mm bolts. You can loosen them just enough to move the latch up or down and then re tighten them. Just make sure you re tighten before you close the trunk to test the fit. Make a mark where the latch sits before you start so you can go back if you want.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Congratulations brother! Welcome. I'm sure you are going to have a great relationship with this car. My car almost looks like a twin to yours. I have a GT badge on the back panel.

It's a great color that, I think, looks amazing. I do not know your skill or in sternest in maintaining the exterior yourself. keeping it clean is rewarding in the smile looking at it as you walk to it provides. Also in the compliments.

Enjoy. This forum is amazing for,what it offers. I have not signed up for an account on all of them, but I went through enough of them that I know, this one is the most active. I do not even look at the other ones now. Oh.. Except the Camaro one. Kinda fun lurking and reading about what they think. Btw, they are just like us. Except, we have a better product than they do to start with.

Enjoy!
Sponsored