Sponsored

Performance Pack's "Turned Aluminum" Dashboard

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered a Premium GT Fastback but opted out of the Performance Pack because I think the "turned aluminum" dashboard looks cheap compared to the sleek matte aluminum.

I feel that I'm regretting that decision now with all these reviews coming out and heralding the performance pack's suspension enhancements. :doh: Is this a poor reason to skip out of the upgrades? I'm also secretly a fan of the small spoiler and chrome rims.

Does anyone have first hand impressions of the turned aluminum dashboard? (if it looks nicer in real life than in pictures, etc)
Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Looks cheap? I've always associated engine turning with high end, since it was common on vintage Bentleys, Bugattis, etc. It was a process that traditionally took a lot of time and skill to produce. Definately not a cheap process (though I'm sure its automated now). The brushed aluminum, OTOH, anyone that has worked in manufacturing at all would pass that off as much more common and easy. Cheap.

Anyway, I expect that its similar to the dash applique on the Boss 302, which I thought looked quite good. But again, my perception of engine-turning is high-end. When I see it (and it hasn't been done poorly), I automatically equate it with looking good.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I ordered a Premium GT Fastback but opted out of the Performance Pack because I think the "turned aluminum" dashboard looks cheap compared to the sleek matte aluminum.
Funny, I nearly ordered the PP (which I didn't really want) just to GET the engine-turned dash with the extra gauges, which I think looks great.

volsfan0911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
I was on the fence about the PP but honestly, it would be worth it just for the wheels and BBK upgrade alone. Throw in gears, braces front & back along with the suspension tuning? No brainer. My biggest concern was would it be too stiff for DD purposes? The engine turned aluminium? I was worried it would look cheap but every pic and video I've seen so far on the reviews? I'm really warming up to it.
Sponsored