Sponsored

Performance Package

lil=john

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford ranger
Oh I agree, but I was looking at weight vs power. If they can get 500hp with a super wide torque curve it will kill the Z28 on the track.
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I'm with ya. Just hard to envision a halo Mustang that doesn't have a V8. Almost seems like sacrilege. ;)

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
A performance package would be a AWD 3.5 Ecoboost..Could it be done?.Sure can. The Ford Taurus SHO has been running this for quiet some time now. More power less weight. GT 350 anyone..
Thats a transverse FWD setup. In a longitudinal RWD car? Never going to happen.
Now maybe a SVT SHO Fusion….

Hemisedan

Threads
Reaction score
Thats a transverse FWD setup. In a longitudinal RWD car? Never going to happen.
Now maybe a SVT SHO Fusion….
Does anyone know if those black 20-spoke wheels are the only ones available with the GT PP? In my opinion, those are the worst looking of all the wheel styles I've seen so far.
And I'm just the opposite, I think that they are the best wheels I've seen yet. Different strokes for all us old guys.

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Every wheel needs to look like a BBS these days I suppose...

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I don't see a slot to insert a CD into on any pictures base radio or MFC.
Hopefully this link works. If you look just under the radio control buttons, between the volume and tune dials, you'll see a slot that I believe is for loading CDs. Also, one of the control buttons is an "eject button". I believe an can see a small light-pipe in the center, for showing where that slot is at night.

attachment.jpg

-T

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
So I guess I'm the only one that prefers the base radio over MFT...

Ruby Red base GT PP 6-spd HERE I COME!!!

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully this link works. If you look just under the radio control buttons, between the volume and tune dials, you'll see a slot that I believe is for loading CDs. Also, one of the control buttons is an "eject button". I believe an can see a small light-pipe in the center, for showing where that slot is at night.

attachment.jpg

-T
On that note, see even lower down right below the engine start/stop button, there's a USB port. CD's are so 1999.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
On that note, see even lower down right below the engine start/stop button, there's a USB port. CD's are so 1999.
SYNC is standard. The USB port will be in the center console. Bluetooth streaming is where it's at, and yep that's standard.

K.I.S.S.

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Good find though.
Same trackaholic as on the C7 forums?

Sponsored

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Great find. As my grandma would say, "if it were a snake it would have bit you!"

CD is not quite done yet :-)

attachment.jpg

-T

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I am going to knock it. A vacuum gauge is nigh on useless in my opinion. Hopefully by the time this comes out they find another gauge with something more useful, voltage, oil temp, water temp, trans temp, anything but vacuum.

And yes the number pad on the base radio is for what??? (edit: okay the phone) But the flatness and squareness of those buttons does scream cheap!!!

Two small gripes and it doesn't spoil it for me, but they could be fixed between now and next Fall when this comes out. Hope they will.
Boost/vac gauge and oil temp are two gauges every turbo or sc car should have.

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Hey friends, after much consideration, I am still on the fence about about the PP. I am go-fast crack-pipe bang for the buck kind of person despite not fitting very well in any parts of the "Pyramid of Speed".... To me, anything more than Base GT probably isn't worth it. ... I am just trying to convince myself to shoot for the bare minimum 5.0 :-)

The only thing in the PP that is hard to upgrade, or not easily replaced is the:
GT's Torsen
ABS programming for the larger brakes unless we can still use the ABS computers from the BOSS
and these mysterious specifically tuned axles if that is actually talking about the half shafts versus springs/shocks/torsen.

There are not as many 19" racing/DOT track worthy tires as there are for the folks running 18".

Ah who knows, this is probably all a wash. I bet the overall PP price is a great return on investment, then if 18" tires turn out to be that important, then a brake diameter downgrade might turn out cheaper versus the savings of the overall PP package.

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Figured that, now that you have an avatar ;)
Sponsored