Sponsored

Performance Pack Wheels

Racerzx

I just posted this in the photos section of supposedly a track pack/pp prototype. If true we could have more than one PP wheel option.

I'm not a huge fan of the black wheels too so I hope these are an option. I would also be happy with the lightened black wheels the user above posted.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I just posted this in the photos section of supposedly a track pack/pp prototype. If true we could have more than one PP wheel option.

I'm not a huge fan of the black wheels too so I hope these are an option. I would also be happy with the lightened black wheels the user above posted.
good to hear that i am not alone
i am not a fan of black wheels...
and here are 2 photoshops done by our great Artist CHRIS VR 6 which i really like

what we see, the 2015 Mustang will be a pleasure to many tastes:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

That's not a track pack.

Racerzx

That's not a track pack.
Why do you say that?

Like I wrote in the other thread, I'm just going by what the OP posted, but I'm going to assume he knows what he's talking about if he works at the Flat Rock plant and had access to these cars.

I forgot to mention there are non branded Brembos here.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Why do you say that?

Like I wrote in the other thread, I'm just going by what the OP posted, but I'm going to assume he knows what he's talking about if he works at the Flat Rock plant and had access to these cars.

I forgot to mention there are non branded Brembos here.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/will-there-brembo-1372.html

Here is the discussion on the brakes. The brakes shown in your photo are not Brembos but rather Ford 4-piston brakes developed jointly with Continental. And as mentioned above those are all-season tires.

The 2015 Brembo brakes are 6-piston 15" versions similar to the GT500 setup and so far only available with the black multispoke 19" staggered wheels.

20140425_195703.jpg
MG3_8599.jpg

GMAN6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
OH my, those will be a nightmare to keep clean. I have some black painted factory rims on my Focus. They get dirty driving home from the car wash and then you will have to stick a rag in every little crevasse to get them clean. It will take forever to clean them.

Another thing. You won't be able to go through a car wash if you need a quick clean. I took my focus through the car wash a couple times and scratched up the black paint on the rims very badly.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
OH my, those will be a nightmare to keep clean. I have some black painted factory rims on my Focus. They get dirty driving home from the car wash and then you will have to stick a rag in every little crevasse to get them clean. It will take forever to clean them.

Another thing. You won't be able to go through a car wash if you need a quick clean. I took my focus through the car wash a couple times and scratched up the black paint on the rims very badly.
I have very similar wheels currently on my GTO. It does take a little longer to keep them clean. Strangely they seem to look cleaner than the stock silver painted wheels I had on it. I notice the brake dust less as well. Of course I usually wash it by hand weekly. I avoid automated car washes like the plague too. In fact, I have never even used one. ;) I look forward to the black wheels. :)

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Blackout rims are a love 'em or hate 'em thing. I personally am not a fan and really hope they offer another wheel option for the PP. If not, I'll probably either try to work out a deal with the dealership to put one of the other wheels options on, or I'll be getting aftermarket wheels sooner than later... may lean towards the latter anyway as I don't think Ford is going to offer anything as wide as I want, save for the GT-350 wheels/tires.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
here a set of aftermarket wheels on a dib s550 (photoshop done by CHRIS VR 6)

Sponsored

GMAN6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
Don't get me wrong, I like the way black rims look, I just think the mesh rims will be hard to clean and keep clean.

I love the rims above!

I think they would look especially good on CO or RR with the spokes being black and the little pieces on each side of the spoke remaining silver. That would be really sweet and easy to clean too!

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
We did, but that car most likely isn't a GT. Sure I can add those later on my own but it would help the car out in the magazines where people who don't want to spend money on better tires after purchasing a car make their decisions on subjective lap times and driver impressions.

When Randy Pobst talked about "not very confident under braking" look at how far that ripple effected people's decisions about the car! Every serious track day guy knows that stock brake pads are going to be a compromise but it didn't stop people from choosing a different platform. Same with the "The GT500 is a straight line car, the ZL1 is a corner carving car, therefore the ZL1 is the better track day car" when the reality is the GT500's cornering speed was axed by being down so much tire to the ZL1.

I suppose in a lot of respects I want it specifically for the magazine tests, because I want the car to be successful but I also recognize that it has other performance benefits that people use every day. Ever had to making an emergency stop because some A-Hole jumped out in front of you or jumped on his brakes to avoid hitting bambi? Better tires helps there more than bigger brakes do. The issue is that wider tires doesn't sell cars nearly as well as the perceived brake size increase does. That's the world we live in.
You're doing a fair amount of nitpicking the tires as being the only issue as to why the ZL1 outperforms the Shelby on longer track runs.

If the tire differences were the only differences, trust me... it would be the easiest decision in the world to put a different tire on the Shelby and call it a day.

However, you seem to forget that the ENTIRE PLATFORM is different, the amount of budget for each program was different, and *most* of the goals of each vehicle were different.

And don't even get me started on steering feel in a wide-tire car (rut wander.... so much rut wander)

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Back to the initial topic: The reason why the V8 PP wheel is that mesh-looking wheel is so that the ideal wheel stiffness is delivered. Notice how the "snowflake" '13 Shelby Track Pack wheel was of similar shape, and that was the stiffest wheel I've seen (stiffer than Boss Laguna... that wheel itself pretty rigid).

Sure some of it is about styling and making it look cool with the 'mesh' look.. but it is also a lot about the functionality of the wheel.

Long story short: Stiffer wheel=better road feel/steering response and better durability

If you don't like it, go ask the Shelby guys how they keep these clean:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Back to the initial topic: The reason why the V8 PP wheel is that mesh-looking wheel is so that the ideal wheel stiffness is delivered. Notice how the "snowflake" '13 Shelby Track Pack wheel was of similar shape, and that was the stiffest wheel I've seen (stiffer than Boss Laguna... that wheel itself pretty rigid).

Sure some of it is about styling and making it look cool with the 'mesh' look.. but it is also a lot about the functionality of the wheel.

Long story short: Stiffer wheel=better road feel/steering response and better durability
This wheel is NOT a performance pack wheel, correct? Someone mentioned that this photo was of a performance pack car (it is the color I want :) ). Those tires appear to be the all-season Pirelli.
19_in_10_spoke_GT_resize.jpg
Sponsored