Performance Pack Gauge Replacement

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I somehow scratched the glass on my stock performance pack gauge glass. Anyone have any ideas for replacement or repairing this?

IMG_1468.jpg
Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Darn. I'm sorry to see this happened. But unfortunately you'll be stuck getting the replacement from the dealer unless you happen across a donor car online. That's going to be the cheapest route but obviously it's potentially time consuming and definitely more tedious.

OP
OP
CBass2288

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Darn. I'm sorry to see this happened. But unfortunately you'll be stuck getting the replacement from the dealer unless you happen across a donor car online. That's going to be the cheapest route but obviously it's potentially time consuming and definitely more tedious.
Dang. Bummer. Appreciate the reply!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CBass2288

CBass2288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
It worked pretty well on my glasses. It's worth a try. There are a couple other methods too, but this one worked for me. Good luck

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You may want to try this kit - it’s for headlights BUT the caveat is, it’s for restoring PLASTIC lens surfaces, which is the material of the PP gauge lens.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-Auto-Advanced-Headlight-Restoration-System/13023890

Since the lens is small, I would not use any power tools - just do it by hand.

Before you use the kit - get blue or green painters tape. Tape off everything near and around the lens - that means the dash surfaces, the vents, the unaffected gauge and the chrome bezel to the affected gauge. Make sure it’s all taped - you don’t want to accidentally buff any of those surfaces with the kit restoration materials.

After applying the kit restore product, use a microfiber towel to buff the scratch and slowly see how it works. Depending on how deep the scratch is, you may only be able to buff out so much of it. If it’s not too deep, the product should make the scratch nearly disappear.

I say not to use power tools on the lens because it’s so small - if you do it would have to be really slow speed, otherwise you risk heating up the lens and it will distort.

Another product you can try that has very mild abrasives and does work well on any plastics (clear or solid) is this, Meguiars ScratchX:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-G10307-ScratchX-2-0-Scratch-and-Blemish-Remover-7-oz/16550259

I did a write up on here in the other sub-forum for a DIY polishing of the rear black decklid appliqué. I used a power tool on that - BUT the Meguiars product noted above will still work via hand buffing on such a small surface. Here’s that thread for reference if you wanted to see the results:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/trunk-lid-appliqué-scratch-repair-diy.122441/

I don’t think the lens or bezel with lens is a serviceable part. To buy the PP gauge package, retail from Ford is in excess of $250, but these have come up for sale on this site and eBay for as low as $75-$100+/-, you would need to take apart the dash to swap.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Another vote here for the polishing route. Unless the plastic is cracked, there's no reason an hour of elbow grease can't polish it out. Just be gentle and do it by hand. A tool, like a Dremel, I would worry about concentrating heat too fast to notice, and cracking it.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Just go on eBay and buy a pre owned pp gauge for like $50. Just use the glass and save the used gauge in case and retain yours. No big deal.

Sponsored

roomk101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage2
Still need a replacement? I installed a whipple last week, was going to pick up the EB gauges to show boost. Send me a PM if interested.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Not sure if you found the solution, but the glass is called lenses in the parts catalog. I bought a GT350 cluster from a member up here and as you know the GT350 trim is darker than the mustangs. Because of my OCD, I took the lenses from a PP gauge cluster and swapped it to the GT350 gauge.

PN for the lenses: FR3Z-10890-B

Link to Levittown Parts : https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...tdXN0YW5nJnk9MjAxNyZ0PWd0JmU9NS0wbC12OC1nYXM=

To do the swap:
1. Take off the trim with the gauges. Disconnect gauge wiring connector
2. Loosen the 4 screws that holds the gauges to the trim.
3. Loosen the 3 screws that are circled.
1606695572043.jpeg

4. the lenses come right off and just do the reverse order to install the new ones.

Hope this helps

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Not sure if you found the solution, but the glass is called lenses in the parts catalog. I bought a GT350 cluster from a member up here and as you know the GT350 trim is darker than the mustangs. Because of my OCD, I took the lenses from a PP gauge cluster and swapped it to the GT350 gauge.

PN for the lenses: FR3Z-10890-B

Link to Levittown Parts : https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-lens-fr3z10890b?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9Y2x1c3Rlci1hbmQtc3dpdGNoZXMmbD0xNyZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWZvcmQmbz1tdXN0YW5nJnk9MjAxNyZ0PWd0JmU9NS0wbC12OC1nYXM=

To do the swap:
1. Take off the trim with the gauges. Disconnect gauge wiring connector
2. Loosen the 4 screws that holds the gauges to the trim.
3. Loosen the 3 screws that are circled.
1606695572043.jpeg

4. the lenses come right off and just do the reverse order to install the new ones.

Hope this helps
Excellent info and tech! Great post that will help others in the future too.
Sponsored