Sponsored

Performance Pack 2 for daily driver????

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Update: just made a deal. Velocity blue, 401A, PP2, B&O, active exhaust. Drove it again and the ride is good enough for me as a daily.

Got 10.5% off msrp, pretty good deal considering this was the only manual PP2 car in the entire houston/san antonio/dallas area sitting on a lot. Thanks for all the input!!!

Hey, i am close to buying a mustang with the performane package 2 with magnaride. It has the pilot cup tires and wide wheels. Plus the track suspension.

How's normal cruising with that setup? I know its setup for a road course, is daily driving going to suck? Looking for opinions before i buy.

I wont track it, its the only manual with magnaride and the other options i want around due to covid. Will super sport 4S's help with ride quality vs the cup 2'?

It felt ok, a bit harsh, on my test drive. Wondering if anyone regrets it after using it as a daily driver after a few thousand miles?
20200919_132247.jpg
20200919_132247.jpg
20200919_132232.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
5,000 miles on mine, daily driven (well, weekly now with Covid, but its my only car). No regrets at all. I agree with changing the tires when they wear out, though. I'll be going to the mpss4 as well.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yep, as mentioned, no issues at all. With all the mods to select from its easy to get the ride you want. I would get those cup 2 tires off right away for a daily. They will rocket every rock they run over right up into your paint and chip it up. Mostly right in front of the back tire. Plus there are plenty of track guys on here thst will buy them off you to help with replacement tire cost. AM has some small mud flaps for the front tires that will help stop this. Put them on mine and took off the cups and I have zero chips.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
5,000 miles on mine, daily driven (well, weekly now with Covid, but its my only car). No regrets at all. I agree with changing the tires when they wear out, though. I'll be going to the mpss4 as well.
Thanks for the reply!

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Yep, as mentioned, no issues at all. With all the mods to select from its easy to get the ride you want. I would get those cup 2 tires off right away for a daily. They will rocket every rock they run over right up into your paint and chip it up. Mostly right in front of the back tire. Plus there are plenty of track guys on here thst will buy them off you to help with replacement tire cost. AM has some small mud flaps for the front tires that will help stop this. Put them on mine and took off the cups and I have zero chips.
Apprecaite the idea regarding the mud flaps...those front tires really stick out past the fender. Was thinking some 3m type stuff would help as well...

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Your definitely on the right track that tires are the biggest screw to turn for comfort. I took off my re-71r and put on my PS4S for a few miles to get an inspection sticker and my god are they comfortable.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Posted my thoughts in your other thread in the S550 General Forum. My 2020 is not my daily driver, but so far, i would have no issues with it being my daily driver.

Doug

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Your definitely on the right track that tires are the biggest screw to turn for comfort. I took off my re-71r and put on my PS4S for a few miles to get an inspection sticker and my god are they comfortable.
They are. After driving on 305 RE71R and 255 BFG Sport Comp 2 AS, the Michelins are like riding on a cloud in comparison.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
It's not so much a "track suspension" in my opinion even though it may be marketed as such. My question is, if it just feels OK why are you buying it? I wouldn't buy a car I didn't drive and like.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
IMO this might not be the car for you. The Cup 2 tires are track tires. They aren't meant for the street, even though they can be used as such. Just realize in colder and/or wet weather you're going to have trouble. Also wide sticky tires lead to increased tramlining, which can lead to a busier ride if you don't like that. The Pilot Sport 4S would be a better tire most likely, and it comes standard on the PP1.

Not to mention the extra goodies of the PP2 aren't going to be fully realized if you're not tracking it IMO. For a great street suspension, I'd still take a base GT with some suspension modifications, which cost way less than what you pay for a PP2. The PP1 might actually be a better value for you.

What is really valuable is the PP brakes and the Torsen limited slip diff. The PP1 already has this.

I would analyze all of the upgrades you are paying for and decided whether it works for you or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
It's not so much a "track suspension" in my opinion even though it may be marketed as such. My question is, if it just feels OK why are you buying it? I wouldn't buy a car I didn't drive and like.
Love the car, but you know the new car smell, something you haven't driven before can get you a little enamored without any real time behind the wheel. Kinda like when a new girl appears...all good at first, but takes a good long test drive to validate your choice :)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Love the car, but you know the new car smell, something you haven't driven before can get you a little enamored without any real time behind the wheel. Kinda like when a new girl appears...all good at first, but takes a good long test drive to validate your choice :)
Fair enough! Wise thinking.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Fair enough! Wise thinking.
Plus, i'd probably mod the hell out of a premium GT without PP1 or PP2 even after telling myswlf i wasn't going to before i bought it. Thats exactly what i did to my 2015

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Plus, i'd probably mod the hell out of a premium GT without PP1 or PP2 even after telling myswlf i wasn't going to before i bought it. Thats exactly what i did to my 2015
I never planned to mod my 2015, but here we are lol. The car pulled me in.
Sponsored