Sponsored

Pedders height setting.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Hey guys, looking for some advice please..

This weekend I'm finally gonna fit my Pedders coilovers and Borla Atak exhaust.

Can someone please advise a dimension front and back to set the spring height adjusters to for a car that will settle down to something like a 25mm drop.

I ask this question as I have fitted many coil over kits that generally give a dimension from a point on the strut to the seat ring to give a certain height. I also dont want to be messing around jacking the car up and down a hundred times only to find it settles down lower after a week.

Thanks in anticipation of some good input here..
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
honestly couldn't tell you i never measured i just fitted the stuck it on a 4 poster and adjusted weight on so i have no idea :)

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No-one tell him till he provides proof!
Exhaust proof will be here tomorrow.
I’ve made nylon blocks to sit between stock axle stands and the S550 inner sills/ slim jacking rails.

So, right here right now, 10 pm on Friday 24th May she’s up on axle stands.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Annoyingly, the height setting all depends on how low you want it, the front springs are a little stiffer to allow you to measure each side to "being the same distance" and therefore, same height all around.

It takes a little bit for it to settle down (about 50 miles) but yeah, you'll probably need it back up if you want "perfect height" - but it all depends on how you want it IE if you want Rake etc... just obviously (and i know you would) make sure each side is the same measurement per axle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Annoyingly, the height setting all depends on how low you want it, the front springs are a little stiffer to allow you to measure each side to "being the same distance" and therefore, same height all around.

It takes a little bit for it to settle down (about 50 miles) .
Not sure what you're getting at there Manders, "Front springs stiffer to allow you to measure each side"?

Anyway.. heres proof that I have actually removed the exhaust..I mean really. I've only had the Atak for about 18months..

IMG_5953.JPG
IMG_5952.JPG

I fear I may need to keep this pipe for MOT's???

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
naah you won't.

so another 18 months without an exhaust on ?

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
naah you won't.

so another 18 months without an exhaust on ?
Just 18 months?? You do realise if I fit the Atak exhaust I’ll get it dirty on the inside!!

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
indeed, just fire it up as it is you'll soon decide you don't really want to put any new metal there anyway :)
Yeah, excess weight and all that. I cannot believe how heavy the stock system is!!

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
can't remember the exact weight i think the suitcase resonator is something like 30 pounds

Zapnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey guys, looking for some advice please..

This weekend I'm finally gonna fit my Pedders coilovers and Borla Atak exhaust.

Can someone please advise a dimension front and back to set the spring height adjusters to for a car that will settle down to something like a 25mm drop.

I ask this question as I have fitted many coil over kits that generally give a dimension from a point on the strut to the seat ring to give a certain height. I also dont want to be messing around jacking the car up and down a hundred times only to find it settles down lower after a week.

Thanks in anticipation of some good input here..
Hi, did you manage to get a decent setup on the pedders kit?
I fitted a set to mine a couple of weeks ago and I've found that information online seems to be a but sparse regarding best damping settings for fast road use.
I've currently got it set up with the out of the standard settings (8 clicks from full hard front & back and out the box ride height)
Out of the box the front and rear seem to sit at the same height, I'd like to raise the rear slightly for a more aggressive stance. To do this I need to adjust the collars on the spring perch. Do I also need to make any adjustment on the rear shock?

Any help appreciated, cheers

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, did you manage to get a decent setup on the pedders kit?
I fitted a set to mine a couple of weeks ago and I've found that information online seems to be a but sparse regarding best damping settings for fast road use.
I've currently got it set up with the out of the standard settings (8 clicks from full hard front & back and out the box ride height)
Out of the box the front and rear seem to sit at the same height, I'd like to raise the rear slightly for a more aggressive stance. To do this I need to adjust the collars on the spring perch. Do I also need to make any adjustment on the rear shock?

Any help appreciated, cheers
Still not fitted mine, or the 20's, but i have just completed the tri bar leds and the oil cooler delete.

I have given your question some thought over time, and yes, it would seem logical to adjust shock length according to ride height? My plan is to do it this way...

1. Measure wheel centre to arch height at stock height.
2. Subtract the amount you want to lower the car from this figure.
3. After fitting the springs, raise the lower arm to your dimension achieved at step 2.
4. Measure the max and min length of the shock.
5. Fit the shock at the ride height set up in step 3.
6. At this ride height, make sure the shock is at mid length.

I would imagine the most important issue to look out for is that the shock doesnt bottom out before the bump stop in the spring.

Please, anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong with all of this?

Zapnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Still not fitted mine, or the 20's, but i have just completed the tri bar leds and the oil cooler delete.

I have given your question some thought over time, and yes, it would seem logical to adjust shock length according to ride height? My plan is to do it this way...

1. Measure wheel centre to arch height at stock height.
2. Subtract the amount you want to lower the car from this figure.
3. After fitting the springs, raise the lower arm to your dimension achieved at step 2.
4. Measure the max and min length of the shock.
5. Fit the shock at the ride height set up in step 3.
6. At this ride height, make sure the shock is at mid length.

I would imagine the most important issue to look out for is that the shock doesnt bottom out before the bump stop in the spring.

Please, anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong with all of this?
Wasn't this thread from 2019!? :p

Appreciate the advice tho! I've already got the kit on the car, so I'll be raising instead of lowering but the basic steps should be the same, I'll just be adding height instead of subtracting.

Cheers
Sponsored