avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally going to order some springs, but I want some feedback, I know the kw pedigree but is anyone running pedders suspension. The price is great and it seems to do everything the kw's does but cheaper.Should I gamble or go with my first choice?
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I believe both Ian and Mark are running Pedders (both with spacers). They both seemed very happy with their setups when we spoke at the last meet.

:headbang:

[MENTION=21441]Ian Magnetic[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20805]Jury[/MENTION]

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
What is Pedders?

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
pedders are a strut and spring set from australia that GT101 stocks

Very cheap - under 1k compared to 1.4k for KW variant 3.

Personally i would still for KW for two reasons - 1 I have them and am very pleased especially with the adjustment. 2. if something does go wrong you can get them rebuilt here by KW as a Euro company with plenty of dealers etc.

that said the pedders are strong offering not to be dismissed lightly

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
pedders are a strut and spring set from australia that GT101 stocks

Very cheap - under 1k compared to 1.4k for KW variant 3.

Personally i would still for KW for two reasons - 1 I have them and am very pleased especially with the adjustment. 2. if something does go wrong you can get them rebuilt here by KW as a Euro company with plenty of dealers etc.

that said the pedders are strong offering not to be dismissed lightly

Agreed, KW for support if one plans on putting a lot of miles on the car and keeping for a few years.

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
i was going to go pedders, coz hate my steeda springs, but GT101 never got back in contact with me if and when they got them in.

Ian Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
i was going to go pedders, coz hate my steeda springs, but GT101 never got back in contact with me if and when they got them in.
Unlike Dave, my experience has been nothing but great with GT101.
Very knowledgeable and helpful.
I believe he has more in stock as I know someone else is getting theirs done next week.

Ian Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
As for the pedders I am very very happy with the set up. I haven't played with the adjustment but the handling has been transformed and I love the new look. :)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I believe he has more in stock as I know someone else is getting theirs done next week.
Dave at GT101 done me a favour and went out of his way for me, which not many people would have done, and I was a total stranger to him
So for me, I can't speak highly enough of him

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
To be fair to Dave, he was trying to sort me out, Coz he knows I not happy with my springs, BUT it never went any further, Coz I didn't hear nowt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going in nxt week for a couple of bits to be done, but I'm not sure if they are waiting for more stock to arrive, they seem very busy.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I had to make a decision and as good things have been said i ordered the pedders kit, should be here nxt week.

MikeyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT, Ingot Silver on order (May 2017)
dumb question but would changing the springs be a good idea for a daily driver? I know the lowering aspect is good for the looks and changes the handling a little. How is the ride effected?

I'm just looking at what mods I need to do for future reference, and I don't really know much about modding cars!

Jury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
dumb question but would changing the springs be a good idea for a daily driver? I know the lowering aspect is good for the looks and changes the handling a little. How is the ride effected?

I'm just looking at what mods I need to do for future reference, and I don't really know much about modding cars!
The handling of the car is transformed by the installation of the better suspension. I'd highly recommend the upgrade for a daily driver - the ride is not really changed, while the turn in and general confidence you get from the increased grip is definitely worth it.

Many have discussed on this forum the lack of grip from the tyres - and I was also concerned - as the car originally suffered from a "driving on glass" feeling - with relatively poor turn in and always feeling for grip.

The Pedders kit that GT101 put onto my car - with the spacers (see picture from TT in post above) - has transformed the car.

If you can make it to a meet in Berkshire - which will be in Essex next on 17 Sep (yes, I know.... see the meeting threads) - then we could arrange a comparison of before / after such upgrades. :D