wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Hi All

Does anyone have the Pedders SportRyder Extreme XA coilovers fitted. I am a little confused as to the difference to the Pedders Extreme XA coilovers and the Pedders SportRyder Extreme XA coilovers. Can anyone explain. :shrug:
Sponsored

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Dave from GT101 should be able to answer this as he stocks the Pedders.

OP
OP

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
I contacted Dave at GT101 already and he is getting back to me on Monday. I just wanted to hear from anyone who had fitted them and their experience with them compared to Steeda Springs and stock shocks. The price is good but I am also looking at Demon Tweeks are doing KW V3 at ÂŁ1,400 + VAT. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Quite a few have them fitted already.
I can't say for the steeda springs, but the pedders IMO are unbeatable for that money, and i have kwv3 in the garage boxed up waiting for me to get off my arse and get them fitted.As i said before if the ride was harsh and not much ln adjustability i would have swopped them over months ago but they are really very good.

OP
OP

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
Back again as reading more about the Pedders Extreme XA and 95% sure I will go with these. Unfortunately I had already bought Steeda Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mount code 555-8161 - 10mm Rear Shocks - KW Coilovers, Roush, Vogtland, Bilstein as I was going KW. The question is will they fit the Pedders.:doh::shrug:

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if they drill out the stock mount when they fit the pedders, i dont think they will fit the kw type because they have a sleeve as well

Langburger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
Back again as reading more about the Pedders Extreme XA and 95% sure I will go with these. Unfortunately I had already bought Steeda Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mount code 555-8161 - 10mm Rear Shocks - KW Coilovers, Roush, Vogtland, Bilstein as I was going KW. The question is will they fit the Pedders.:doh::shrug:
Vice Versa for me, I have the Pedders kit fitted and would like to fit the Steeda shock mounts. I was planning on taking a shock off to compare to stock but if anyone knows the answer ? That would be v.helpful

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
steeda mounts don't currently support pedders in any size I believe pedders has a 13mm shaft and the largest steeda mounts go to is 12 i think

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
we have done a test set of "Pedders" compatible Rear Shock Mounts. I haven't heard back yet though.. I will follow up!
manders is wanting a set too when you finally get them out/ready.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
manders is wanting a set too when you finally get them out/ready.
Is he? I don't believe I ever had that on my list of things to do :thumbsup::lol:. However if they're as good as Gibbo/Enoch are saying of them on their setups I'd be interested to try them on pedders... cough cough wink wink Robbie [MENTION=22385]Steeda UK[/MENTION]

I'm running Xtreme XA coilovers, and they're the only ones sold in the UK and only ones for the UK stang. They're releasing a new ez fit variant soon in the UK which should be good, they're pre pulled springs for home fitting.

However as we're on the topic of coilovers. There's a few of us running pedders. I like mine, a lot actually. I've got 0 body roll at all, dampening is a bit of a pig to set up and perfect, easy to change adjustments, but getting it perfect takes time. But that'll be the same with any suspension setup.

As I'm on an EB I run softer Pedders front springs on the front, than the standard ones, just because lighter front end and all that.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's the reason I would never fit coilovers. I wouldn't ever stop pissing about with them :lol:
I've got mine set quite well at the moment for day driving. I'll set it to max hard for Silverstone track time, then back down to what I've got it on.

The finessing of the settings was a bit of a pain. I had Monkfish (pedders EU/UK) guys set the whole system up for me, but I went on an hour drive to properly set it up, I think I ended up settling about 1 or 2 clicks over what they were on, fronts only (on the soft side). Rears are fine.

But honestly, body roll is 0, stance is spot on (Imo). And the ever OCD stance master Gibson (@Gibbo205) thought it looked good :thumbsup:!
Sponsored

Last edited: