Sponsored

Paxton & Vortech owners please

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I ordered Paxton's complete kit through beef last week so pretty soon i'll have some initial reviews myself. I haven't heard much about paxton's canned tune though, most people are getting remote tuned from Lund which of coarse is a better option, but I just wanted a nice bump in power that I could just bolt on, flash and go. Most of my research came from the S197 guys that have been running this kit for years now and love it.
So though you haven't heard much about Paxton canned tune, does one come with it? If it does is that what you plan on using for a while)
Sponsored

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
So though you haven't heard much about Paxton canned tune, does one come with it? If it does is that what you plan on using for a while)
The complete kit that I ordered says that it comes with "Supplied SCT programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Paxton calibration for 91-octane fuel.

If I don't have any trouble with the tune then I will be happy to run it this way for a while, I believe this kit should put me somewhere between 550 - 575whp with Paxton's tune.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The complete kit that I ordered says that it comes with "Supplied SCT programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Paxton calibration for 91-octane fuel.

If I don't have any trouble with the tune then I will be happy to run it this way for a while, I believe this kit should put me somewhere between 550 - 575whp with Paxton's tune.
Cool, keep us posted. I'm interested in doing the same thing, trying out the canned tune that is.

al3x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone know if there's a difference in the installation between the Paxton and the Vortech? I see the Vortech instructions specify the 2015 mustang, but the Paxton instructions I found were for the 2014

OP
OP

Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT pp
Ordered my kit from beef earlier. Can't wait to be boosted! Thanks again beef for the killer price!

Sponsored

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if there's a difference in the installation between the Paxton and the Vortech? I see the Vortech instructions specify the 2015 mustang, but the Paxton instructions I found were for the 2014
No difference in kits I believe

Papabearob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT performance pack w/ Recaros
The standard tune that comes with the complete kit is amazing. Drives like stock cruising with a lot of power. I'm extremely happy with mine. And the vortech kit and the Paxton kit are identical as far as installation. Just a different head unit but it bolts up the same way

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my Paxton from Terry at Teambeefcake, he's a great guy and can help you grab the kit for a great price. I got their Paxton Beefcake special with the brisk spark plugs. If there is one thing I would change, it would be to get the tial BOV instead of the stock one that's about it.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The standard tune that comes with the complete kit is amazing. Drives like stock cruising with a lot of power. I'm extremely happy with mine. And the vortech kit and the Paxton kit are identical as far as installation. Just a different head unit but it bolts up the same way
That's awesome to hear! Since i'll be installing this same kit. Are you running the stock air box with a better flowing panel filter? I was planning to run the AEM dry panel filter with this kit.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
I too am about to pull the trigger on a paxton beefcake special in the next week or two and was curious on what options you guys chose. The only option I was considering was the JLT intake.

Also all the dyno numbers ive seen show the 3.6 pulley, but that shows as an option for $85. What size is the pulley that comes with the kit? And If I chose the 3.6 would I need any other supporting mods? Thanks.

Sponsored

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I too am about to pull the trigger on a paxton beefcake special in the next week or two and was curious on what options you guys chose. The only option I was considering was the JLT intake.

Also all the dyno numbers ive seen show the 3.6 pulley, but that shows as an option for $85. What size is the pulley that comes with the kit? And If I chose the 3.6 would I need any other supporting mods? Thanks.
I'll be going to the dyno in the next week or two and I am running the paxton beefcake special with the brisk spark plugs. The stock pulley is 3.80" which is what I'm running and will post up results of my dyno once I get a chance to go. I don't think you will need any supporting mods if you are running the 3.6" pulley.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The standard pulley in the kit is a 3.8

The 3.6 just requires more fuel and a tune. So if you get the ID1000 injectors and a BAP you should be good to go with the right tune.

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

The 3.6 is the way to go. You should upgrade your spark plugs as well. I got the brisk plugs with the special. If you don't mind some noise, I recommend the race BOV, too.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
awesome, thanks guys! I'll prolly get the plugs, the 3.6, and i'll ask Terry about the BOV upgrade to see if its worth it. Thanks again guys.

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
I got a Paxton. I would get a whipple or vmp if I was to do it again.
Sponsored