Paxton Supercharger

Hot_nick_stacker_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt competition Orange
What's up guys need some answers. I have a 2015 S550 GT. With a Paxton Supercharger long tube headers GT350 intake manifold. Okay here's my question my brother-in-law has a C8 Corvette. I race him yesterday from a 60 70 mph third gear. I am manual. And he beat me by three to four cars. I was in a shock and very skeptical if my car lost power or my supercharger is not properly connected?
I have raced a charger Hellcat and I beat him on highway speeds and I also raced ZL1 Camaro and I beat them by a half a car to a car. That was last year ago now I changed my transmission and I added a trimic transmission the guy out of the same kind of tune from when I'm gathering. And I am just puzzled if my car lost power or this C8 Corvette put a beating on me. Let me know when you guys think thanks
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If you haven't done so thus far, I'd seek out and find a qualified shop with a dyno and have them review the car to see where you are at. Tunes, physical parts, setups, the works. A cold pair of eyes pulling and reviewing all the information could reveal any number of things. Without hard data in-hand, anyone would be left to guess what the problem could be.

Edit: You've gone out and assembled all the bits. Think of your car as one coherent system of components, all of which need to work together to get you the best performance. A tune/dyno shop could assist with that. Please, report back with before/after and your experience.

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You should be staying ahead of him until about 126mph, even if you only had 600whp.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Do you make sandwiches in between shifts? I've seen some guys get heart broken when getting gapped thinking something is wrong with their car, when in reality they just sucked at driving. No saying YOU do. Log your car & look how fast you are shifting. I used to look into that just to see if I got any faster to set my WOT box to my shifts.

OP
OP

Hot_nick_stacker_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Do you make sandwiches in between shifts? I've seen some guys get heart broken when getting gapped thinking something is wrong with their car, when in reality they just sucked at driving. No saying YOU do. Log your car & look how fast you are shifting. I used to look into that just to see if I got any faster to set my WOT box to my shifts.
I was in third gear when we both hit it before I shift into Fort gear he was ahead of me by 2 and 1/2 cars and I'm shifting pretty quick

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What RPM do you shift at?

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
7 and a half thousand RPM roughly
Ok thats good. I had a buddy with a centri that was wondering why his car was slow and found out he was shifting at like 6k rpm. We fixed that issue really quick.

Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'd hook up a boost gauge so you know where you are at. Something is wrong for sure. My heatsoaked manual Roush has sent a few c8's crying for mommy

OP
OP

Hot_nick_stacker_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I'd hook up a boost gauge so you know where you are at. Something is wrong for sure. My heatsoaked manual Roush has sent a few c8's crying for mommy
That's awesome you have any videos ? How much horsepower you are running to your wheels and also to crank.
Sponsored