Sponsored

Passed on an S650, I posted this in the S650 forums as well...

killshot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT, 2024 Mustang GT
The s650 is "nicer in every aspect" than what? A 2008 GT? I would hope so.
Yes, the 2008 GT. I guess it goes without saying, but I'm sure there are some purists that would prefer the old school looks of the 2008 and the simplicity of it. That's why it was so hard for me to finally pull the trigger on the new one.
Sponsored

CarmeloS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carmelo
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands
Great writeup

s650 looks weird to me, and Ive seen it in person and sat in one. Its a shame, feels like a step forward and two big steps back

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Ironically that is what I just did, just Picked up a Green 13 Boss. Due to the weather up here haven't really had much chance to use it, but the little I have I really am liking it. Really like the tighter gearing in the tranny
Also just love the sound of the Road Runner especially with the Red Track Key
I'm looking for a yellow one... I want a 13 but I'd take a 12 if it was too good to pass up.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Does anyone else on this forum have a new one?
I think I’ve seen a few people here mention they got one. Not sure if they still hang here or if they’re mostly on 7G

Sponsored

Sean22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I bought a brand new S650 GT a couple months ago and I love it. I still have 2008 GT which is also very nice. The new is definitely nicer in every aspect. It's a great cruiser and very comfortable.
Have you scrutinized the fit and finish at all? Any interior road noise?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
To be fair though, if I were looking at a M2 I'd probably just spend more time and save and go cayman or get a used miata or s2k just to hit something thats vastly different feeling. Had the luxury of driving both an m2 (prior gen) and an nd miata and I gotta say the miata felt more inticing granted part of that was because the m2 driving wise didn't feel dis-similar enough from my S550 (granted tires definitely played a part in that and it was also auto đź« ).

In your initial review of the s650 in wondering if the Pirelli tire killed all the steering feel (then again it kind of seems consistent across all the reviews that talk on the subject).
I like the idea of a small car for occasional weekend/ nice day driving or going to the track, but as a daily I think crash worthiness should also enter into the equation. I really, really would not want to be in a Miata or S2K that got hit by a modern full size pickup (or the reverse either). I'm sure a Cayman is better, but it's still small and low and will end up under many modern vehicles.

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium (carbonized gray)
@Dave2013M3 I was shopping between the Mustang, m240i and m2 a few months ago and ended up with my 2023 GT. Curious-what did you think of the m2 interior? I only was able to sit in a 230xi but the dealer said the m240 and m2 interiors are largely identical but for the steering wheel and seats. I ask because I was shocked how crappy the interior was in the 230i especially for m250 or m2 money. My s550 mustang GT premium blows the doors off over the 230 I saw.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
@Dave2013M3 I was shopping between the Mustang, m240i and m2 a few months ago and ended up with my 2023 GT. Curious-what did you think of the m2 interior? I only was able to sit in a 230xi but the dealer said the m240 and m2 interiors are largely identical but for the steering wheel and seats. I ask because I was shocked how crappy the interior was in the 230i especially for m250 or m2 money. My s550 mustang GT premium blows the doors off over the 230 I saw.

The M cars have different materials as far as the leather and so on. M2 is in another league from the 230i. That being said, I have an S550 the materials in it aren't even close to the bimmer. Yes the looks of the interior is cooler but the build quality is not in the same league as the bimmer.

What year M2 were you looking at. The G87?

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

killshot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT, 2024 Mustang GT
Have you scrutinized the fit and finish at all? Any interior road noise?
I haven't noticed any flaws other than scratches on the wheels which must have happened during the shipment. No road noise, rattles, etc. Pretty tight.
Sponsored