Sponsored

Part question (Upper airbox lid for 18+)

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is there an equivalent part to the one linked below for a 2018 Mustang GT? I can't seem to find a listing for the lid only; only for the whole airbox assembly (at much higher cost). Surely the lid can be bought as a separate piece? I found it for the 2015-2017 V8, and the 2018 Ecoboost, but not a 2018 GT.

This link is for the airbox lid that comes up for a 2018 Ecoboost, but it doesn't show as compatible for the V8:
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-cover_fr3z-9661-a.html
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I remember looking at this when I was trying to get a 2018 airbox for the Steeda setup before I got rid of it. Pretty sure you have to buy the whole airbox and can't just order the top piece like you're wanting. You're better off seeing if you can find one from another person on here for around $70 for the entire setup. That's what I did for my 17 and the air intake fits perfectly.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I remember looking at this when I was trying to get a 2018 airbox for the Steeda setup before I got rid of it. Pretty sure you have to buy the whole airbox and can't just order the top piece like you're wanting. You're better off seeing if you can find one from another person on here for around $70 for the entire setup. That's what I did for my 17 and the air intake fits perfectly.
Confirmed. Same scenario needed to replace clips from box to lid after removing the Steeds and reinstalling OEM. Even went to dealership to see if could buy clips and lid they confirmed there is no part number outside the full box OEM and I personally have not found any after market ones.
Sponsored