Sponsored

Panel gap: Solved

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Ok hears a twist FYI don't know if true but my service guy has always taken care of me. I took the TSB down and showed him and he said he was aware of it. BUT since its a TSB that it has to be done at the dealership not sent to a body shop. He looked at mine and said since mine had such a small gap on mainly right side (you can see the tab) that he wouldn't attempt doing it. That the procedure shows just to many things that could go wrong. One he mentioned more so was trimming the tab with scissors. He said possibly he could see where you could chip some paint. Then he went on about drilling and rivet etc. He said he was afraid other problems could develop in the process. So guess I'm back to as before just live with it and get over it.
My dealer's body shop is handling the work in the TSB. Does your dealer not have one?
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
They have one in town they use they don't have there own (small town)The service manager just said since it was a TSB that they had to do it there.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Please post pictures before and after! Thanks!
Sure, but my car probably isn't going to get done for another week or two.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a letter in the mail stating that "parts have arrived for you car" (I did not cancel the booking [MENTION=9329]Don's Stang[/MENTION], but many thanks for you recommendation, I will swap to that dealer for sure for future work) ... although they said they know nothing about any repair kit, they ordered it, and they have it ready to be installed on Monday.
Obviously someone did look into it, they did not ignore my request, which is a good sign in a way. I spoke to the body shop guy, he did not have immediate knowledge about the kit, but he said he's done hundreds of bumper installations on new Mustangs, so not to worry.... Fingers crossed for Monday I suppose.

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
My "kit" came in today, having it done friday.Saw the retail on the box $1100.
:eyebulge:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Somebody please get some pics!!!

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your car is still under factory warranty simple look to see if threes a gap at the top narrow edge of the rear fascia that looks wider than normal (on a lot you can clearly see the tabs through the crack) then decide if you want to see if the dealership can have it fixed with the TSB kit without screwing it up worse.

Sponsored

No_step_on_snek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If your car is still under factory warranty simple look to see if threes a gap at the top narrow edge of the rear fascia that looks wider than normal (on a lot you can clearly see the tabs through the crack) then decide if you want to see if the dealership can have it fixed with the TSB kit without screwing it up worse.
Will the dealership give out the parts so you can use an independant auto body?

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't know but since its a TSB I'm sure Ford has to have some sort of control over it being fixed so they aren't libel if it gets screwed up. If dealership has there own body shop then they probably want it done there. Otherwise probably the body shop they use for repair work. In my case I was told if my dealership would not have told me they wouldn't do mine since the gap isn't that bad and all involved that they would have had to have done it right there in the service department. Ask them I'm sure all dealerships have a different take on this.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Muzzi motors didn't even look at my car, they ordered the kit upon me calling... although they did not admit there is such a kit. I am going in tomorrow, will post pics tomorrow evening with a bit of luck , before and after.

The 100$ quesion is : Is it going to sag again?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
They never did any, I am the first guinea pig. I am a bit concerned to be honest with you, hope it comes back in one piece and no extra scratches.... I did apply another layer of Cquartz on the bumper paint, just in case... small scratches will buff out with that.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
OK, they never called back, so I went there before closing day. Apparently, the wrong kit was sent, with 2 brackets for left instead of a left and a right ... WTF Ford ?

They are hoping to have it tomorrow, and will call me to advise. If I get it back, I swear I'm never going to the dealer again.
Sponsored