Sponsored

Getting My Panel Gap Fixed.

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
I was at the gym this afternoon where I witnessed a little old lady slam in to my rear bumper. Throughout the entire accident process she insisted the damage to my car and her car were from previous accidents. "I'm always very careful there's no way I could have done this" she tells the cops.... hopefully I will get a better fitting rear bumper out of this!

This is what I get for trying to be healthy while on vacation.
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Good luck with that. No one else has been able to get the gap completely out and not have it eventually come back. The brackets non adjustable and just doesn't hold it snug enough.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Additionally, I have noticed it is temperature dependent. The gap grows when left in sunlight. I noted this on mine, which is rarely driven and kept in a garage. I parked it in the hot summer sun and when I came back the gap had grown substantially and unevenly. It mostly went back after it cooled. I only noted this because my 17 rear bumper gaps were so good initially (I actually did not notice that) that several people make comments on the pix I posted.

My point is, if you manage to massage it back in place, it will move again. I suppose that is not surprising because the bumper is plastic and the fender is metal (different expansion coefficients).

Good luck on getting yours repaired.

FWIW

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I don't think it wouldn't be so noticeable if they would have left those tabs off the end and the more gap the more of the tabs you see. It gives the impression that it isn't put together properly whereas it would just have shown more of a gap there.
Sponsored