Sponsored

Paint starting to go again

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Not happy to at all! Supposedly went into the best bodyshop to get this sorted, slightly to the right of where the initial issue was. It's starting to bubble up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451298799.058187.jpg
Sponsored

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
That's really not good. Could be that they didn't allow enough time to dry before putting clearcoat on. Probably rushing to get the car back to you

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
That's really not good. Could be that they didn't allow enough time to dry before putting clearcoat on. Probably rushing to get the car back to you
They had it 4 days, plenty of time in my opinion. Going to tell the dealer i want a new bumper shipping over, not having it go in for respray after respray.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
wow that sucks... yeah i would be pissed

Sponsored

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 GT Custom Pack
Looks like solvent gassing out to me from not following the correct painting procedures... not good :-(

Elnrgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ollie
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not happy to at all! Supposedly went into the best bodyshop to get this sorted, slightly to the right of where the initial issue was. It's starting to bubble up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451298799.058187.jpg
Looks like moisture coming through they didn't allow to dry properly.

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Looks like solvent gassing out to me from not following the correct painting procedures... not good :-(
Easy fix do you think or should i be asking for a new rear bumper given its already had issues? According to the dealer it went to their Audi Bodyshop because they're the best in the area & quality was guaranteed.

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Easy fix do you think or should i be asking for a new rear bumper given its already had issues? According to the dealer it went to their Audi Bodyshop because they're the best in the area & quality was guaranteed.
They'll have to sand it down and repaint it. Accidents happen in even the very best bodyshops.

Hard to tell from the photo what exactly has gone wrong but it's either gassing out or silicone contamination.

I think you'll struggle getting them to ship you a new painted bumper tbh but it's worth a try. You could also elect to take it to a bodyshop of your own choosing then do some research on who in your area is the best.

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Oh and being an audi bodyshop means nothing... have you seen how awful most Audi's paint is?

Sponsored

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I think you'd be better off just getting them to sort out out for you again. They should at least take the time to make sure its done properly this time. They need to lend you their GT whilst its being done and the least they can do is cover the fuel costs

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
What a pain....I'd suggest silicon contamination, and I wouldn't be surprised if they used a silicon based product when pepping the car originally....

My mate runs a body shop, and he won't allow any silicon based products anywhere near the place...

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I feel the pain.

I have a couple of scratches on my car, front and back. They dealer said to bring it in and they'd "buff out". However, I'm fairly reluctant to let their guys have a go and finish off with the infamous 'gritty sponge' that we are all convinced they use. Getting a new car detail in a couple of weeks and wonder if this is something they can do as part of the detail? The scratch on the back appears to be down to the primer though (see below). Would this need some sort of paint, or is their another solution? Anyone?

P1000219.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I feel the pain.

I have a couple of scratches on my car, front and back. They dealer said to bring it in and they'd "buff out". However, I'm fairly reluctant to let their guys have a go and finish off with the infamous 'gritty sponge' that we are all convinced they use. Getting a new car detail in a couple of weeks and wonder if this is something they can do as part of the detail? The scratch on the back appears to be down to the primer though (see below). Would this need some sort of paint, or is their another solution? Anyone?

P1000219.JPG

Bodyshop job that, get it booked in asap. Dealer should have offered straight away, definitely not a buff out job!

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I think you'd be better off just getting them to sort out out for you again. They should at least take the time to make sure its done properly this time. They need to lend you their GT whilst its being done and the least they can do is cover the fuel costs
Salesman destroyed their GT :rant:
Sponsored