P2254 error code. 2016 gt LTH help

diegocarvallo89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT DIB
Hey my set up is long tube headers off road with cords sport exhaust.
I tuned the car and have been driving it for 9 months and no issues .
Last night we installed an amplifier and subwoofer and a check engine light came on... I used my scan tool

And it gave me a p2254 code 02 sensor negative current control circuit / open bank 2 sensor 1

What could be the cause of this? Did I fry a sensor? Any help is really appreciated

Thanks a lot
Diego
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Sounds like you have a front sensor that has gone bad. It's pretty common if the o2's are at the 9:00 and 3:00 position and more so if running E85.

Last edited:
OP
OP

diegocarvallo89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT DIB
Hey!

I am still running premium fuel. Where do I get this sensor to replace it?

Shnuggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I'm running into this same issue, did you ever fix yours? I've already replaced the O2 sensor it says is bad, exact same one as yours, P2254. I've also replaced O2 extensions, no fix yet :/

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Could also be a bad o2 sensor extension harness.

Shnuggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Could also be a bad o2 sensor extension harness.
If I replaced the O2 Extension wouldn't that be the harness? Or is there something else I need to buy for the extension harness? And if so can you link me to one please for a 16 Mustang GT? I've already replaced the O2 Extensions though if that's what you mean.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I'm running into this same issue, did you ever fix yours? I've already replaced the O2 sensor it says is bad, exact same one as yours, P2254. I've also replaced O2 extensions, no fix yet :/
Guy hasn't logged in for a long time & thread is years old

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If I replaced the O2 Extension wouldn't that be the harness? Or is there something else I need to buy for the extension harness? And if so can you link me to one please for a 16 Mustang GT? I've already replaced the O2 Extensions though if that's what you mean.
Can you remove the o2 sensor harness and check the wires with a multimeter to make sure there’s no break in any of them? I replaced my extension harness with a Kooks harness.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ntk-27063.189112/#post-3798192

Did you use new OEM o2 sensors? I tried generic ones and my car wouldn’t run. I put in new OEM sensors and the car fired right up without any issues.

Shnuggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Can you remove the o2 sensor harness and check the wires with a multimeter to make sure there’s no break in any of them? I replaced my extension harness with a Kooks harness.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ntk-27063.189112/#post-3798192

Did you use new OEM o2 sensors? I tried generic ones and my car wouldn’t run. I put in new OEM sensors and the car fired right up without any issues.
Yes I used an OEM O2 Sensor. The extension I used as a replacement was the BBK O2 Extensions

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just confirming, you replaced the o2 sensor on the driver’s side correct? That’s the bank 2 sensor. Did you make sure not to get any anti-seize on the sensor tip during installation?

Shnuggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Just confirming, you replaced the o2 sensor on the driver’s side correct? That’s the bank 2 sensor. Did you make sure not to get any anti-seize on the sensor tip during installation?
Correct, yes the driver side O2 was the one replaced. Idk about anti seize but that's only because I'm not familiar with what you're talking about on that.
Sponsored