DennisY

DennisY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Are you sure that the crank sensor tone ring didn't get left out? It is a stamped metal circular plate that goes between the flywheel and the crankshaft. It has the notches that provide a signal to the crank position sensor. If it stuck to the old flywheel, or fell off of the crank, that would be the problem. Unfortunately, the flywheel would have to come back off.........
I did find the tone ring laying around the garage floor.. I was able to put it in back in tonight, just need to put driveshaft and exhaust back in place and connecting the harnesses. I’ll finish tomorrow and report back!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are you sure that the crank sensor tone ring didn't get left out? It is a stamped metal circular plate that goes between the flywheel and the crankshaft. It has the notches that provide a signal to the crank position sensor. If it stuck to the old flywheel, or fell off of the crank, that would be the problem. Unfortunately, the flywheel would have to come back off.........
I did find the tone ring laying around the garage floor.. I was able to put it in back in tonight, just need to put driveshaft and exhaust back in place and connecting the harnesses. I’ll finish tomorrow and report back!
Now THAT is some very good info above right there - who would have though that (besides Rod :))! This is why these forums are 1000% better than any FaceCrap pages...

Dennis - attach a pic of that tone ring for future reference if you have not already reinstalled.

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
I hate that you had to pull the transmission again (I'll bet you are getting good at it!), but I'll bet it starts and runs!

OP
OP
DennisY

DennisY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
I hate that you had to pull the transmission again (I'll bet you are getting good at it!), but I'll bet it starts and runs!
So I finished putting everything back together and unfortunately still a no start and same P06E9 code. Only difference I noticed is that when it stops cranking it no longer makes a clunk sound. Anymore ideas?

OP
OP
DennisY

DennisY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
UPDATE! Forgot to plug in the wire harness for the crank sensor Plugged it back in and she roars again!!! Really appreciate you Rod for reminding me about the tone ring

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
UPDATE! Forgot to plug in the wire harness for the crank sensor Plugged it back in and she roars again!!! Really appreciate you Rod for reminding me about the tone ring
Good to hear Dennis!!

OP
OP
DennisY

DennisY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Now THAT is some very good info above right there - who would have though that (besides Rod :))! This is why these forums are 1000% better than any FaceCrap pages...

Dennis - attach a pic of that tone ring for future reference if you have not already reinstalled.
Sorry for the late reply but here’s the tone ring cheers!!

596845F3-2C8C-4D25-A59E-148BC9AB097F.jpeg

960B4990-251A-4231-A7FF-774C4FF03306.jpeg
Sponsored