Sponsored

Check Engine Light But No DTC Codes

Louieg58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt performance package black
Hey guys, so about a week ago, my check engine light came on. The car is about a year old and has about 16,000 miles. I ran the car in engineering test mode and no dtc codes came up. I took the car to the dealer immediately after and they can not seem to find any codes or anything wrong with the car. It seems to be running fine, but the check engine light is still on. Any thoughts on what it could be? Thanks.
Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Hey guys, so about a week ago, my check engine light came on. The car is about a year old and has about 16,000 miles. I ran the car in engineering test mode and no dtc codes came up. I took the car to the dealer immediately after and they can not seem to find any codes or anything wrong with the car. It seems to be running fine, but the check engine light is still on. Any thoughts on what it could be? Thanks.

Well then tell the dealer they need to find out why or take it to another dealer. Your car is still under the 36K warranty. Even if it is just a sensor, they need to fix it, otherwise your car wont pass smog if the CEL is still on.

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
No codes but the lights on? Odd....

Try another dealer. As mentioned its under warranty, ford should be able to find it and fix it. It seems to be the only way they can fix an issue with these cars now a day.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Sounds like a short in the actual check engine light's power circuit that makes the light come on, but not from a code being set.

OP
OP
Louieg58

Louieg58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt performance package black
Got a call from the dealer yesterday and said they found what was wrong and are replacing the intake manifold. They didn't give any other details why. Seems a bit odd to me.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Got a call from the dealer yesterday and said they found what was wrong and are replacing the intake manifold. They didn't give any other details why. Seems a bit odd to me.
Something being wrong with the intake manifold and not throwing a code? Hmm I would get that info out of them why it wasn't showing up initially
Sponsored