Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Recently started getting a P0050 Code which references the Bank 2, Sensor 1, Heater Circuit is bad.

I would assume that if the 02 was bad my AFR would not read at all, and would cause some issues with drive-ability, however the car drives just fine, and AFR is reading appropriately.

From what I can see the Heater circuit is just that...a heater for colder climates to bring the 02 up to temp, living in Florida and seeing next to zero cold weather, I believe my 02 is still functioning perfectly.

Anyone else run into this? Simple as replacing the 02?

(Note I have cleared the code, and it goes away for the day, then comes back).
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The heater circuit isn't for cold climates as there is no climate on Earth that operates at the temps that an O2 sensor does(approx 700-1,000 degrees F) lol.

The heater circuit can fail and the sensor still operate but it will take longer to get up to operating temp thus causing the PCM to take a little longer to get into closed loop. I suggest getting it replaced soon.

OP
OP
Ls_Eater

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
The heater circuit isn't for cold climates as there is no climate on Earth that operates at the temps that an O2 sensor does(approx 700-1,000 degrees F) lol.

The heater circuit can fail and the sensor still operate but it will take longer to get up to operating temp thus causing the PCM to take a little longer to get into closed loop. I suggest getting it replaced soon.
Makes sense, hadn't considered the Temp's that it would be required to get up too.

Appreciate the Insight.

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
Recently started getting a P0050 Code which references the Bank 2, Sensor 1, Heater Circuit is bad.

I would assume that if the 02 was bad my AFR would not read at all, and would cause some issues with drive-ability, however the car drives just fine, and AFR is reading appropriately.

From what I can see the Heater circuit is just that...a heater for colder climates to bring the 02 up to temp, living in Florida and seeing next to zero cold weather, I believe my 02 is still functioning perfectly.

Anyone else run into this? Simple as replacing the 02?

(Note I have cleared the code, and it goes away for the day, then comes back).
were wire extensions used in your setup? I'm replacing with a third sensor within 10k miles on car with Kooks headers....Mine has an extension on the bank and wonder if that may be the issue I'm having.

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I’m having this now.. I cleared the code but it comes back after a couple of months. Should I replace the extension or sensor

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Are you guys on e85, or burble tunes by chance? My sensors have died a few times usually after running e85 or crackle tunes.

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
Just had a sensor fail.. same issue with the heater failing but on bank one... just threw a new sensor in..all good now. On e85 for only 1k miles

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
E85 for 5000miles after fixing my HF cats that were collapsed. Also made my own extension from Combination old sensor wire and new sensor. PBD tune. Kooks headers. No more codes. Thank The mustang gods.

Last edited:

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What side o
E85 for 5000miles after fixing my HF cats that were collapsed. Also made my own extension from Combination old sensor wire and new sensor. PBD tune. Kooks headers. No more codes. Thank The mustang gods.
Driver or passenger side for this code?

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name