02 extensions

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Out of curiosity I'm wondering who all is using 02 extensions..I recently added stainless works headers and obviously had to use the included extensions.the factory harness isn't long enough.I don't see how they can reach without the extensions..I did get some feedback on another forum advising that the use of 02 extensions has been the cause of more than one blown motor....thoughts or does anyone here care to chime in?
Sponsored

Last edited:

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Subd. Also interested to know.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Out of curiosity I'm wondering who all is using 02 extensions..I recently added stainless works headers and obviously had to use the included extensions.the factory harness isn't long enough.I don't see how they can reach without the extensions..I did get some feedback on another forum advising that the use of 02 extensions has been the cause of more than one blown motor....thoughts or does anyone here care to chime in?
I have stainless power headers with 02 extensions . I beat the p$$p out of my car without issues . I have beat on my car a whole track day with 1 O2 sensor disconnected and didn't have any issue .

OP
OP
Choking_Victim

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
I have stainless power headers with 02 extensions . I beat the p$$p out of my car without issues . I have beat on my car a whole track day with 1 O2 sensor disconnected and didn't have any issue .
Ya I've been running E and my car acts fine last several months since install. I'm sure I'm being paranoid. The gentleman who advised extensions are a problem has a 9 sec 197..so I'd hope he'd have some sense. I dunno the factory harness doesn't reach on the s550. Running without isn't an option..I inquired further to this gentleman and he gave a smart ass ..."good luck" douche reply..

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
There have been a few documented issues, but I don't think it's widespread these days. I think caspers had a problem with their connectors a few years ago.

I just finished my stainless power install and the extension connectors looked just like the factory ones.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Choking_Victim

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
There have been a few documented issues, but I don't think it's widespread these days. I think caspers had a problem with their connectors a few years ago.

I just finished my stainless power install and the extension connectors looked just like the factory ones.
I read about the caspers and the shitty recessed connectors and pins...I agree my SW looked and seem to function as factory. I guess ill move on.Thanks for the reply.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Ya I've been running E and my car acts fine last several months since install. I'm sure I'm being paranoid. The gentleman who advised extensions are a problem has a 9 sec 197..so I'd hope he'd have some sense. I dunno the factory harness doesn't reach on the s550. Running without isn't an option..I inquired further to this gentleman and he gave a smart ass ..."good luck" douche reply..
They will either work or not work . If yours are reading fine now then you have nothing to worry about .
Sponsored