2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
FB_IMG_1452636015715.jpg

Not my photo but the car everyone keeps telling me about and asking where my car is...I ordered beginning of March so not as bad a wait as yours.

People at that dealership told me that, if a dealership or dp received a car to use as a demo or quasi demo, they would be "fined" by Ford by having a months worth of deliveries delayed and no orders accepted into Fords system for a period of time.
One could postulate a conspiracy theory that that is happening in my case and maybe others. To pass the extended waiting period, I may do some investigating.

Last edited:

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
Whoops I forgot my bad

GTCONVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Convertible (24th June 2016)
Is "Jarvis" Guard? Hard to tell with the filters
Think it is mate....not seen it myself but keep getting told about the vert that got here before mine has even been built...

Reactions: ssb

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Is "Jarvis" Guard? Hard to tell with the filters
I would be very interested to find out if it is guard or magnetic as well......the greenish tinge at the front and rear seem to be reflections. It is registered as a grey Ford sedan.

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
Any snaps of a black convertible in the wild?

Polystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang - Race Red, Manual Fastback GT
Agree. They have stuffed it up. But from what i gather it is Ford AU that manages the cars as soon as they hit port. Deysha effectively has no more info from as soon as they hit the dock. Ford AU is managing the rest.

It appears that once the cars get to the port, they are dealt with by a third party (Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics- they have their own terminal spot at Baltimore; Dundalk Terminal) which does everything from unloading them off the rail transport, organizes fumigation and customs paperwork and then loads them onto the RoRo transporters. Ford AU do not have any jurisdiction at the port and are not involved with that aspect. These are the people that decide which cars get on which boat and when. May have to email them and find out if they can trace individual cars(they should be able to as everything is bar-coded and scanned and tracked from the moment it arrives at the port).

(Even when they are unloaded at Australian ports they are still under the control of WWL until they are shipped to Ford dealer prep yards).
https://www.2wglobal.com/news-and-insights/articles/wwl-tv/from-factory-to-dealer/#.VpYAEU80xlc

Last edited:

Cisco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tehanne
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost Fastback
People at that dealership told me that, if a dealership or dp received a car to use as a demo or quasi demo, they would be "fined" by Ford by having a months worth of deliveries delayed and no orders accepted into Fords system for a period of time.
One could postulate a conspiracy theory that that is happening in my case and maybe others. To pass the extended waiting period, I may do some investigating.

We heard the same thing..but more along the lines of 6 months. The dealer was not able to sell Mustang's for a period of 6 months, and any pending customer orders were then delayed by 6 months as well.

If this is the case, i hope for you guys sake that it is only a one month suspension/delay..

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
We heard the same thing..but more along the lines of 6 months. The dealer was not able to sell Mustang's for a period of 6 months, and any pending customer orders were then delayed by 6 months as well.

If this is the case, i hope for you guys sake that it is only a one month suspension/delay..
Cisco, I am only making a crazy assumption out of frustration, but if a dealer was genuinely punished by the manufacturer for any period of time, that would really affect the poor customer...I cant imagine Ford Aus would actually do it, but they don't seem to care too much about their customers so far. An extra six months would be torture, unless FordAus arranged for another dealer to complete the orders.

Are you still enjoying that car of yours....the car I have ordered is for my wife....she is eagerly awaiting the chance to smoke the rear tyres up....:thumbsup:

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I cant imagine Ford Aus would actually do it
There's no way logistically, imagine the backlash :eyebulge:

Customers that have arranged a trade-in on their current vehicle, would find the trade-in value so much lower after the 6 months...

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
There's no way logistically, imagine the backlash :eyebulge:

Customers that have arranged a trade-in on their current vehicle, would find the trade-in value so much lower after the 6 months...
Lol... When you paid a higher deposit than all other dealers, just for a contract guaranteed October/November 2015 delivery and sold your car in August trusting Ford to deliver... Imagine that for trade-in arrangements.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Lol... When you paid a higher deposit than all other dealers, just for a contract guaranteed October/November 2015 delivery and sold your car in August trusting Ford to deliver... Imagine that for trade-in arrangements.
Well they're always advertising free loan cars, maybe they should extend that to (forever) waiting mustang owners :ford:

New Focus RS loan car? :thumbsup:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Well they're always advertising free loan cars, maybe they should extend that to (forever) waiting mustang owners :ford:

New Focus RS loan car? :thumbsup:
Yeap, that would have been nice... Sadly I doubt they'd even offer me a loan tricycle...

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Yeap, that would have been nice... Sadly I doubt they'd even offer me a loan tricycle...
It would be delivered late anyway....with mismatched wheels....
Sponsored