obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Is the black center bumper section driving anyone else crazy?
No.
I think if you see it in person you will like it.
Or just get a all black GT500.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Well, a bumper is a government requirement so they had to do something. Personally, I very much like the way they implemented the bumper and cover. I find it mostly inconspicuous but more importantly, it adds to the "mouth" of the car.

And Dev...

Like you, I have never wanted one so badly as this one.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Well, a bumper is a government requirement so they had to do something. Personally, I very much like the way they implemented the bumper and cover. I find it mostly inconspicuous but more importantly, it adds to the "mouth" of the car.
I know it's a requirement. I just think it would look better body color.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The designers were looking for a certain effect up front and the black cover over that section of bumper helped to achieve it. I felt the same way initially, that it looked odd, but have grown to like it and better understand why it was done that way. I ordered white, and there isn't a greater contrast available to exploit the color difference and make these design choices stand out.

The photo posted below me shows the exact combination I ordered and I think the black bumper cover looks ****ing fantastic.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
It would be nice if the designers could come up with a good looking way to mount a front license plate on this car.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Earl: After I got my first warning for no front plate, I bought one of the aftermarket rigs that clamps on underneath and holds the plate away from the vehicle.

I didn't like the way it looked right off the bat so it lasted a few days and then I removed it. I put the whole rig in the trunk so I could show a cop that I have a bracket, I just couldn't figure out how to attach it. I'll try and look stupid which is pretty easy for me. :-)

That said, I agree with your wish for a good looking way to duit. Maybe the aftermarket will come through once again. At least we can hope. In the mean time, I'm gonna chance it without one on the new vehicle. :-)

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Earl: After I got my first warning for no front plate, I bought one of the aftermarket rigs that clamps on underneath and holds the plate away from the vehicle.

I didn't like the way it looked right off the bat so it lasted a few days and then I removed it. I put the whole rig in the trunk so I could show a cop that I have a bracket, I just couldn't figure out how to attach it. I'll try and look stupid which is pretty easy for me. :-)

That said, I agree with your wish for a good looking way to duit. Maybe the aftermarket will come through once again. At least we can hope. In the mean time, I'm gonna chance it without one on the new vehicle. :-)
Made for GT350, but vendor may be able to accommodate GT500 in short order if asked.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172439502379
Sponsored